Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% off Amazon Warehouse starts 8th

• 07-04-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭

Here we go again probably starts at midnight...runs until the 14th

So far I've a used Tile Bluetooth tracker, Alienware Monitor, Oculus Go, and Razer Hammerhead Wireless earphones in my basket....might buy the Tile Pro. Don't need any of them though..

Anybody spot anything worth picking up once the sale starts..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apparently.. it's selected items only which is a balls as I've a rake of stuff in my cart waiting for 12am.

If anything finds anything good, due to WH deals being largely single products, it's not worth sharing! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think it's the whole warehouse for this one...

sugarman wrote: »
    Don't waste your time with warehouse monitors or TVs, it'll be damaged 99% of the time in some shape or form.

I've moved onto train sets now trying to find a birthday present for a 5yr old. He was disappointed he didn't get a dog for Xmas and he's going to be disappointed again.

Always found the warehouse good if you buy as new or good. Never really had to return anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

This site isn't always right (stuff can be out of stock or not sold by warehouse), but it can be a useful resource for finding stuff i didn't know i needed:

https://uk.theforklift.net/categories

I've had to return probably 5% of what I've purchased on Warehouse.. but they give you a prepaid postage slip so it's a piece of piss really.

Or if there's something not quite right with item but you can live with it, they'll often give you an additional discount if you address it.

• Advertisement

Does Amazon have an official clock so you know when it's 12? Don't think I'm the only one with this in my basket...

Does Amazon have an official clock so you know when it's 12? Don't think I'm the only one with this in my basket...
    My cart hasn't reduced yet anyways..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same here yet people are posting on hotukdeals about warehouse 20% off deals.

Mine either you must be right on the selected items only..

Probably for the best I've ended up with a Ubtech Storm trooper robot and a ANYCUBIC MEGA-S 3D Printer sitting in the basket. They'll have to wait for another day.

I'm glad I had myself talking out of some of the stuff as they didn't reduce.

• Advertisement

12 warehouse items added to cart totalling £120..

.. total items reduced = 3! :mad:

Not worth it.. in fact, one thing almost doubled in price from £2.52 to £4.64.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

So frustrating that Amazon arent shipping the Micro SD cards to Ireland. Parcel motel fees wipe out the savings!

Used to always buy cards from amazon and now they stop shipping them :mad::mad::mad:

I noticed a few things changed this evening to no shopping to IRL

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just bought an IP camera I'd been looking at. Was already reduced, and another reduction tipped me over the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The logitech harmony remote hub (normal one not the elite) is down from £120 to £60 brand new.

Got a like new one for £45. I've been on the look out for a while so that's okay i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hogzy wrote: »
    So frustrating that Amazon arent shipping the Micro SD cards to Ireland. Parcel motel fees wipe out the savings!

Used to always buy cards from amazon and now they stop shipping them :mad::mad::mad:

You had me worried there, seems some of the bargain Sandisk cards won't ship here but others will you have to try all the options.

This 128GB one does ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

my3cents wrote: »
    You had me worried there, seems some of the bargain Sandisk cards won't ship here but others will you have to try all the options.

MEMZI SD cards ship by Amazon also.

Unreal thanks, thats sorted out the high speed option. Was hoping to get a 128gb class 10 for 14GBP. Its frustrating that the ones in the daily deals wont deliver to Ireland. These ones

EDIT: Screw it, just bought the Extreme version of the 128GB card. Its for a GoPro anyway so might see some sort of improvement in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Noticed the firestick 4k down to 35GBP but only shipping to UK so PM or PW, is it worth grabbing at that price times around with rather than using an older android device for kodi ect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

5500 wrote: »
    Noticed the firestick 4k down to 35GBP but only shipping to UK so PM or PW, is it worth grabbing at that price times around with rather than using an older android device for kodi ect?

Not sure how well Kodi works on it.
    But I’m replacing my android box with a 4K firestick.
    Purchased one today.
    You won’t get it cheaper.
    A mate of mine travels from the north every morning though so I didn’t need to pay parcel motel. Well worth it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Not sure how well Kodi works on it.
    But I’m replacing my android box with a 4K firestick.
    Purchased one today.
    You won’t get it cheaper.
    A mate of mine travels from the north every morning though so I didn’t need to pay parcel motel. Well worth it IMO.

Kodi works perfectly on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I was looking at buying a 49inch LG 4KTV for 320 pound but it doesn't give an estimate delivery date anyone know why that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

Ordered xiaomi redmi note 5 4gb 64gb - used acceptable for 100.94£.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Had 5 items in my basket for a while, none of them were reduced, I'll just leave them there until they drop in price or get bought by someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mel123

I was looking at buying a 49inch LG 4KTV for 320 pound but it doesn't give an estimate delivery date anyone know why that is?

I bought one in the black friday sale, same thing, if your looking for it now dont bother, mine took weeks and so much messing back and forth with amazon it wasnt worth the hassle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bought a tv around that time myself from amazon. So much messing around I got it for free in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

Amazon device sale, decent discounts untill April 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Pile of junk from what I can see
    Anyone get anything good?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Pile of junk from what I can see
    Anyone get anything good?

Keep looking but nothing I actually need or want.

Amazon warehouse deals are often fairly crap to start with so 20% doesn't make them that much of a bargain unless it was something you 100% needed in the first place. (Edit- The problem is they take a small percentage off the original price irrespective of the current price so when prices drop you can easily end up paying similar money for second hand goods).

Of the stuff I normally look at (in DIY and Tools) less than a quarter of the items are attracting the extra 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It coincides with the spring sale, I've seen lots of the stuff I'm looking at brand new for a few quid extra.

I did get a logitech universal remote for £45 and a turn table that's usually £120 for £85. Not great but two things i did want so it's a nice chunk off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

Anyone see any decent 4K monitors or TVs?? Anything around 28-32”.

I’ve had a look but not seeing anything worth getting.

(For my new Mac Mini)

Monitor or TV?

I've the older version of this got it about 4 years ago in the German Amazon warehouse, picture is great but you'll need external speakers, try the other countries warehouses and see have they it with the 20% off
    https://www.samsung.com/sg/monitors/uhd-u28e590d/

bondja80 wrote: »
    Ordered xiaomi redmi note 5 4gb 64gb - used acceptable for 100.94£.

This isn't bad if your after a new phone, €160 and you'd have your 2 year warranty https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/huawei-p-smart-2019-aurora-blue/?src=p and there giving away a free set of wireless earphones with it https://www.hihonor.com/ae-en/honor-am61-blue

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

This isn't bad if your after a new phone, €160 and you'd have your 2 year warranty https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/huawei-p-smart-2019-aurora-blue/?src=p and there giving away a free set of wireless earphones with it https://www.hihonor.com/ae-en/honor-am61-blue
    nice phone, but I need dual sim unlocked phone. Huawei has better processor, but xiaomi note 5 has better camera and battery, also 4gb ram instead of huawei's 3gb.

Yea the note 5 is a lot of phone for the money...just be concerned about the condition, go over that screen with a fine tooth comb for the slightest little crack. You should be fine for warranty besides that.

• Advertisement

Never got an acceptable phone before. I always get suspicious when there's a lot of a particular phone in used section.

Got a DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo for 650GBP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Not sure how bad "Acceptable" really is? But under half price could be a good deal. Even though high for a bin at the end of the day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/simplehuman-compartment-pocket-brushed-stainless/dp/B00VXULPTQ/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=simplehuman+bin&qid=1554848950&s=gateway&sr=8-7

• Advertisement

Looks dodge
    "Item has major cosmetic damages such as cracks, holes or dents, but is still usable."

It's the kind of thing they might let you keep for free if you try and return it though. That's what I'd be thinking if I bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Looks dodge
    "Item has major cosmetic damages such as cracks, holes or dents, but is still usable."

It's the kind of thing they might let you keep for free if you try and return it though. That's what I'd be thinking if I bought it.

I decided to give it a go. Bit concerned on the risks but let's see what happens. If anyone else took a shot let me know. 🙂

cronos wrote: »
    I decided to give it a go. Bit concerned on the risks but let's see what happens. If anyone else took a shot let me know. ��

Its a metal bin, guaranteed the metal has been dented, you see it all the time in Home Store and More or whereever sells bins. If you had a good suction device for car dents it might fix it

Its a metal bin, guaranteed the metal has been dented, you see it all the time in Home Store and More or whereever sells bins. If you had a good suction device for car dents it might fix it
    oooh-matron-29062761.png

Please post pics of the acceptable stuff. I have visions of something you'd see in the recycling box in shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

TheDriver wrote: »
    Please post pics of the acceptable stuff. I have visions of something you'd see in the recycling box in shop.

I ordered this for £27 with free prime delivery the other week from the warehouse.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HLMAWJO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

Said Used-Acceptable and item had cosmetic damage. When it came there was a rip on the corner of the box where the original buyer tried opening it incorrectly. That was it. Everything else was wrapped up brand new and the bag of screws was still sealed.

A lot of these warehouse items have generic info on the condition. Wouldn't be surprised if the bins were in perfect condition.

The other side of the coin is that you can get something thats nothing like it should be.

I bought a set of expensive spanners only to find that someone had taken all the brand name spanners out of the packing and repacked with cheap Rolson spanners. Got a full refund but that shows how little checking is done at that warehouse.

Drone arrived, Condition was "As new, box will have some damage". Turns out the drone was used EXTENSIVELY, had been crashed and all the rotor blades were damaged. One of the batteries was faulty also.

Considering as new is the best condition on Amazon Warehouse deals I will NEVER purchase another product from the warehouse. The classifications are disgraceful!

Getting a full refund from Amazon

Drone arrived, Condition was "As new, box will have some damage". Turns out the drone was used EXTENSIVELY, had been crashed and all the rotor blades were damaged. One of the batteries was faulty also.

Considering as new is the best condition on Amazon Warehouse deals I will NEVER purchase another product from the warehouse. The classifications are disgraceful!

Getting a full refund from Amazon

I wouldn't go that far. You know your going to get a full refund and your postage refunded if anything goes wrong. In many cases they say keep the goods so its not that much of a hardship.

I agree though that the guys in the warehouse don't bother looking at let alone checking the goods.

I wouldn't go that far. You know your going to get a full refund and your postage refunded if anything goes wrong. In many cases they say keep the goods so its not that much of a hardship.

I agree though that the guys in the warehouse don't bother looking at let alone checking the goods.

You'd think a little extra care would be taken on high value items in all fairness like!

• Advertisement
Advertisement