Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downlight covers or alternatives?

Options
  • 08-04-2019 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I'm in the process of moving into a new home which has 38 downlights upstairs. Attic insulation is already on the light side so I want to tackle this straight away. Tackling the downlights is going to be the main problem. Am I better buying downlight covers or is there an alternative where I could replace the fittings and could lay rolls of insulations over or closer to the light fittings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yes. I've covered this a number for times with more detail if you want to search for the post. I'm on the phone here.
    You can get LEDs that can be covered over with the insulation if you keep the lamp below a certain wattage say 10 Watts.

Most LEDs are 4-7 Watts now anyway

Aurora lighting do them. I have them in my house

Advertisement