Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACT 5 Entry System

Options
  • 08-04-2019 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I have an ACT 5 Intercom system connected to automatic gates.

The buttons on the internal unit don't open the gates anymore and niether do the digits on the external unit.

At either unit if I short from 0V to door1 the gates will open.

When I press button one on internal unit, the voltage on the door1 terminal goes from 5V to 1V but gates don't open.

Anyone have any tips as to what problem might be

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Perhaps the gates require a dry contact? This would be quite normal for these systems. So maybe if you had a relay connected to “door1” and ground this could be used to drive the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

2011 wrote:
    Perhaps the gates require a dry contact? This would be quite normal for these systems. So maybe if you had a relay connected to “door1†and ground this could be used to drive the gate.

Sorry, probably should have said that the system had been working fine for years

Advertisement