Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsworld Terenure 5 Mile - 12th May 2019/Junior Races added

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Great race, very well organised and lovely atmosphere. I met up with a woman I know only from the RSP FB page so it was nice to not be alone as I usually am. As to the race itself it was not my finest hour, went out quite fast but after the first km the heat got to me - didn't help that I had put the top over my other 2 tops (!) and with 1300m to go I didn't think I would make it. So unused to running in the heat this year. I was running ahead of the 45 pacer. Thanks to the person who advised me not to try to keep up with the 40 pacer, no way I would have made that and would have been disheartened. I was happy to get a sub 43 so a new PB at that distance. First in my age category was the lovely Caitriona McKiernan. What a superstar and she's looking very well - a great advertisement for running in your 40s.
    Back at HQ someone got the last croissant just as my hand was reaching for it but I did get a lovely rice crispie bun and there was no shortage of food there. And the best part - remaining injury free and dying to get out running again tomorrow as the HM training continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Wottle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Wottle wrote: »

I see you running alongside HelenAnne from these parts in a couple of pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I see you running alongside HelenAnne from these parts in a couple of pics!

Is Wottle in red?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Is Wottle in red?

Yep, that's him. I've never had the pleasure of meeting him but Strava is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Wottle

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Is Wottle in red?

Yep, red singlet, blue shorts. Didn't realise till after when looking at results and pics together that I was running alongside HelenAnne. Was in a world of hurt on last mile, no idea at what point you passed me.
    Well done on the run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Wottle wrote: »
    Yep, red singlet, blue shorts. Didn't realise till after when looking at results and pics together that I was running alongside HelenAnne. Was in a world of hurt on last mile, no idea at what point you passed me.
    Well done on the run

I don't look too sprightly myself in those photos. I'm going to say they caught me on the unfortunate 'down' phase of my run rather than the proud, striding 'up' bit :):)

Well done you, too!

Advertisement