Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent backpack or top box

Options
  • 08-04-2019 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for a means to carry gym gear or a few bits and bobs around ideally in a waterproof (within reason) manner. Is there any decent backpacks that commuters would recommend or shall I just get the box. I have the GIVI mounts already on the bike.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Givi mounts already... get the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Second the suggestion to get the box. Much easier and safer than a backpack on the bike.
    IIRC there are two different givi mounts. Make sure you get the correct box. One type is for small, commuter style boxes, the other is for touring/pannier styles.
    Google is your Friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Monokey and monolock, you'll need to check which mount you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I've been using one of the xlmoto.ie backpacks for commuting to work and I find it great.

I've but the seam beside the zip after 18 months but because the opening is against your back it isnt an issue and for only €10 you cant go wrong. https://www.xlmoto.ie/course-slipstream-water-resistant-mc-backpack/PM-0091209?nosto=is-startpage-topsellers&fmb=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Might grab one of the larger bags that Blanchy suggested. I'll keep an eye on donedeal for a box. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get the Box,

I have both. The reason i say get the box is because a bag gets hot on your back in the summer.

Its also a pain in the arse if you putting anything heavy in it, it starts getting at your posture.

The box on the back is the handiest ever. I would never go back to just bag ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I'll keep an eye out. A mate mentioned its worth contacting dealers from time to time. They might have a ratty looking box (lol ahem....) off of a trade in they are willing to part with for cheap. Weight isn't an issue for now. Just gym gear but point taken.

Advertisement