Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder heath

Options
  • 08-04-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there. Myself and my partner are considering purchasing a property in Elder Heath and are wondering what the area is like?

We're a little concerned about the surrounding areas and anti social behaviour etc so we're looking for opinions from residents on what it's like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Should move the thread to Dublin South.

It will depend on your expectations I would say. Where are you moving from?

Deerpark and Marlfield seem to have got a bit of a reputation but I go the odd time to the Kiltipper pub and find it grand to be honest, nice food.

I know a couple living in Elder Heath and love it and the houses do seem good quality. They are both from Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Ush1 wrote: »
    Should move the thread to Dublin South.
    Moved to Dublin County South for better answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caileen

how do i find the new thread? We are also considering this but my husband seems very off on the surrounding areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There is't a new thread, just this one which was moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Csherlock259

Hi Caileen, we're looking at a house there now. Did you go ahead and purchase one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I answered the below in the other thread

Not from there but know the area pretty well. Deerpark has gone downhill as has parts of Kiltipper (Marlfield). There are quite a lot of the houses rented out so make of that what you will. But i wouldn't worry as compared to the other two area's beside it, there is no comparison.

There are a few shops and a pub not far from you, i also remember seeing a creche the last time i passed through a few months ago but can't recall the name of it.

Best of luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

HI all, I know this forum is old but I'm currently in the process of buying a house in Elder Heath. My solicitor has recently found out that the developer is still in charge, at his own expense of maintaining the road, path, sewer and water infrastructure in the estate. The plan was always for the council to take these over as with any private estate but this still hasn't happened but may be in the process.

Has anyone any idea of this or what the status of this is? My worry is that should it not happen or keep delaying and the builder keeps having to spend money on maintaining it, if was to go bust etc where would it leave the estate? In all likelihood the transfer to council is probably underway but I'd really like to know if anyone has any more info on this?

Thanks

Advertisement