Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

189 BUS

Options
  • 08-04-2019 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

hi

can anyone tell me if the bus eireann route 189 will drop off/collect people between stops?

is that the only bus route up the R166?

it appears there are no stops between termonfeckin and clogherhead.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

hi

can anyone tell me if the bus eireann route 189 will drop off/collect people between stops?

is that the only bus route up the R166?

it appears there are no stops between termonfeckin and clogherhead.

thanks

Yes, all Bus Eireann routes in Louth (other than the 100X) should pick up and drop off between towns anywhere it's safe to stop.

Local Link Louth Meath Fingal (1800 303707) operate many Rural Transport services in the Termonfeckin/Clogherhead area. Rural Transport buses don't have a route, they serve a wide area and collect passengers who book in advance at their houses or from a nearby crossroads. They're mostly used by the elderly and disabled but they're open to everyone - after all, the more people using them the more likely they are to continue to run. They run to Drogheda four times weekly (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday) and to Dundalk monthly (on the second Monday of each month).

A bus also runs from the Termonfeckin/Clogherhead area to and from Dundalk Institute of Technology daily during the college term. I have no information on who runs it, fares, routing, or whether non-students can even use it - you could try calling DkIT Students Union (042 9370390) who may be able to put you in touch with the operator.

Advertisement