Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

glasso wrote: »
    they are up-their-own-arse a bit for sure and the media willingly buys into the whole thing to perpetuate it.

nevermind the continuous references to the flowers and assorted shrubbery - the Azaleas, the Azaleas, the Azaleas......

Yeah but the azaleas are actually lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If Rory had opted to play the Irish open, he'd be having a better Masters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Think that’s Rory’s 2019 masters finished anyway. Needed a quick start and that hasn’t happened. Way too many sloppy shots.

One over for the second hole through 3 rounds just isn’t good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Can some better tech person post Phils latest tweet. It’s brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I could be completely wrong but I have a funny feeling that John Rahm could come good at this Masters.

He needs to have a super round today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Very surprised .

No other way to put it.

Rory has had a shocker of an event.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Very surprised .

No other way to put it.

Rory has had a shocker of an event.

He’ll have played his round and nearly be home by the time the leaders have teed off tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Pity McIlroy couldn't break his duck this year. At 29, there will be many more opportunities. Final three/four pairings make for a compelling narrative this evening, roll on Tiger.

I honestly think, psychologist or not, he'll never win the Masters. He's the Greg Norman of our generation (in relation to the Masters). He might get himself into great positions, but something will happen and he'll lose. The longer it goes on, the more other competitions he'll win, which only increases the pressure on him to win the one he wants more than any other. I just can't see it happening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Cantlay is on fire today. Eagle putt from 40ft coming up and a chance to get to -8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Keano wrote: »
    Cantlay is on fire today. Eagle putt from 40ft coming up and a chance to get to -8

Picked him in the work draft so thumbs up

I also picked McIlroy so massive thumbs down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I could be completely wrong but I have a funny feeling that John Rahm could come good at this Masters.

He needs to have a super round today though.

I'd go the opposite way

For me he'll win nothing of note until he improves his attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

SuprSi wrote: »
    I honestly think, psychologist or not, he'll never win the Masters. He's the Greg Norman of our generation (in relation to the Masters). He might get himself into great positions, but something will happen and he'll lose. The longer it goes on, the more other competitions he'll win, which only increases the pressure on him to win the one he wants more than any other. I just can't see it happening.

I never thought Garcia would win the masters but he proved me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The criteria are decided by the committee of Augusta National. They represent nobody except themselves. They can change the criteria any time they like.
    I just think it's wrong that a tournament which is regarded as a major is entirely controlled by one very elitist golf club.

Name 5 of these ‘top’ players who didn’t qualify and explain why they should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone else's Sky Sports feed have no audio on the shots and crowd, just commentators and generic bird noises?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That Mickelson video is my favourite thing of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone else's Sky Sports feed have no audio on the shots and crowd, just commentators and generic bird noises?

Yup, seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks to have been corrected thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Loads in this. Looking like a shootout. Birdies galore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭4Ad

Mushy wrote: »

Yup, seems strange

I was watching on eir sports last two evenings, it was terrible...
    Great to hear his voice..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Finau is totally on it at the moment.

4Ad wrote: »
    I was watching on eir sports last two evenings, it was terrible...
    Great to hear his voice..

Who was commentating on eir? The American commentators with that Masters music is what I want. It just makes the masters. Aliss sucks the life out of it with his moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

This week is definitely the best I've seen Tiger play since his comeback

Here comes Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tomorrow could be interesting if the scores stay this close and there are multiple players tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tiger firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great shot Tiger

TIGER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭4Ad

Some shot from Tiger..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tiger on the march. He always looks so much better when he swings within himself rather than slashing at it.

Advertisement