Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

People have very short memories.i have no idea why this guy every time he seems to be doing well is held in such high esteem.id say it pisses all the other players off.

https://www.theclever.com/15-most-despicable-things-tiger-woods-has-done/

Think most people would disagree with his off course carry on, I do, but certainly appreciate the talent when watching and don’t think anyone can disagree that when in contention it is a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

People have very short memories.i have no idea why this guy every time he seems to be doing well is held in such high esteem.id say it pisses all the other players off.

https://www.theclever.com/15-most-despicable-things-tiger-woods-has-done/

He used foul language, the cad!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Lets keep that where it belongs, in the past

Must be time for Day to start limping again...

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

That's honestly pound for pound the worst article I've ever read

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Lets keep that where it belongs, in the past

I’d say he’ll give it a good go tomorrow if he gets the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Can't see past Molinari. The man is unbelievable. Only one bogey in 3 rounds. Brooks Koepka won't be shaken off easily, and Tiger? I think he will just fall short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

A number of players have been weeded out. It's not wide open anymore. It's down to the final 4!!! Pity it's not 2 groups of two.

Could be Frankie's second bogey of the tournie.

What a shot

• Advertisement

:D Don't doubt the Frankie! Oh baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Unreal from Fran. Just when you think he may bogey a hole he pulls that beauty out.

Possibly 43 holes without a bogey. An absolute machine.

Because they are moving the tee times forward, I’ll miss all the action :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It's going to be some finish tomorrow. Pity it's on so early but can't be helped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Molinari has been fantastic.

1 bogey in 54 holes by Molinari. Astonishing. Compare that with McIlroy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Molinari will be hard to beat. I have a feeling Tiger will run him close though.

If McIlroy hit 1 bogey he'd be -14.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

Remind me wrote: »
    Must be time for Day to start limping again...

He’s used that already in this tournament, he’s still got the dizzy thing though.

McIlroy just hasn't it mentally anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,307 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Molinari was flawless today, magnificent round of golf.
    I still think Koepka will have a big say though.

• Advertisement

The morning start sucks really. Finished early afternoon.

Good man Ken."Listening in the rear view mirror".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just a couple of notes on the weather expected, as you've heard the tournament is going with threesomes at a very early starting time to try to finish before a line of severe storms arrives (this expected to be 1900z or 20:00h Irish time, 3 p.m. Eastern time at the Masters).

The air mass ahead of this strong cold front is likely to produce a few brief thundershowers and these could potentially halt play for short intervals up to perhaps one hour, if they produce lightning. But other than that, it won't become all that windy until near the time of the storm front arrival so if the golf is over before 2 p.m. then wind may not be a big factor (10-15 mph with a few gusts to 25). And it will be from the same direction as today's breeze (south) so they are used to this wind direction already. When the storm front comes through, I think players would be off the course before gusts got much higher.

I don't know if they will succeed in finishing before the almost inevitable weather delay, but if not, if the storms don't do too much damage to local trees then it does look possible to resume play before sunset with the storms lasting 2-3 hours. Although the line of storms is very severe right now in western Mississippi the guidance suggests the intensity will be less severe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

One thing to consider is that Molinari has never held the lead going into the final round of a major before (unless there's one I've forgotten)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Compare that with anyone in the tournament...

fullstop wrote: »
    Compare that with anyone in the tournament...

I'll compare it with the pre-tournament favourite, and with good reason. As another poster remarked, McIlroy would be leading the tournament if he eliminated the mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,307 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll compare it with the pre-tournament favourite, and with good reason. As another poster remarked, McIlroy would be leading the tournament if he eliminated the mistakes.
    I'm sure you could say that about every player in the field.
    McIlroy didn't drive the ball well enough or putt well enough this week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

If my auntie had balls. There's a favourite in every tournament, but as we know, they rarely win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I'll compare it with the favourite, and with good reason. As another poster remarked, McIlroy would be leading the tournament if he had eliminated the mistakes.

It's a nonsense argument though.

He's made bogey or worse on 14 holes, any analysis predicated on pretending those holes didn't happen is pointless.

Sure if he birdied every hole he'd be 41 shots ahead but he didn't.

• Advertisement

It's a nonsense argument though.

He's made bogey or worse on 14 holes, any analysis predicated on pretending those holes didn't happen is pointless.

Sure if he birdied every hole he'd be 41 shots ahead but he didn't.

Who's pretending they didn't happen, that's why we're having this discussion. Your last sentence has no basis in reality.

Advertisement