Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,953 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If I was putting the house on it I'd go Rory but have a sneaky feeling JT will be wearing green come Sunday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

The new features on masters.com for shot tracking are good. just watched first tee shots there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

is it just sky sports tonight lads ?
    I know bbc have saturday and sunday alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Pissartist wrote: »
    is it just sky sports tonight lads ?
    I know bbc have saturday and sunday alright

Eir Sports have all 4 days live I believe? I know that they were showing the par 3 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,953 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bogey for Shane on the first, not an ideal start.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Level after 4. Good up and down on the fourth which is a tough par 3

The masters app/shot tracker is amazing they really do great things with it usually but they have just raised the bar.

They are clipping in all the players shots soon after they happen so you can watch all the shots on any golfer

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/1116318162503569411

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Fully expecting Sandy Lyle to give the pgatour computer a decent workout this week, calculating his score.

It's over 30 (thirty) years since he won his green jacket, and he really is stretching it by turning up yet again. I hope he is going to be taken aside soon by the organisers.

At least, finally, we won't have to face him in the Open this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

martinkop wrote: »
    The new features on masters.com for shot tracking are good. just watched first tee shots there.

bigtime. every shot in the tournament on video. pretty slick.

Shane struggling with his driving. One over after 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭valoren

Fully expecting Sandy Lyle to give the pgatour computer a decent workout this week, calculating his score.

It's over 30 (thirty) years since he won his green jacket, and he really is stretching it by turning up yet again. I hope he is going to be taken aside soon by the organisers.

I think it oozes class and respect that former champs will always get an invitation to the Masters. For example, Jack Burke. the '56 champion, is 96, clearly not competitive but he would have gotten the invitation with the RSVP on it that every other invitee this year received. A lifetime exemption indeed. Sure, the organisers absolutely know he will decline and is always welcome to show up for the Champions dinner and to get his honorarium but he still earned the right to get that annual invite. He'll get another one next year.

That's the prestige you get when you win The Masters. I can say with some confidence that Sandy Lyle is not going to win but that is not the point. It's what makes it unique and it's very much an event that piles on the nostalgia, the history and the appreciation for good golf. It's not like Lyle et al are playing army golf either, they post over par numbers because it's a bloody hard course. There will be patrons there this year who will have personally seen Lyle win in 88 and when he plays through they will get to show him their appreciation with quiet applause. It's easy to be cynical about that but it's the way they like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

He's got some ways to go before he matches Billy Casper in '05 though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Only missed the cut last year by a shot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You've made 10 posts in this forum - the majority of them are having a dig at Sandy Lyle. You clearly don't like him, we get it. Now don't post in here again if that's all you are going to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Shane Lowry +3 after 11,hope he is not heading home tomorrow evening.

Now +4 after 12. Game hasn’t been good the last month or so so not that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Shane Lowry +3 after 11,hope he is not heading home tomorrow evening.

he needs to pray heading into amen corner that he can get a few sho0ts back. driving is poor but some of his iron play is off. has got a few good up and downs to save par. if he could hit a few greens he might just do that

he needs to pray heading into amen corner that he can get a few sho0ts back. driving is poor but some of his iron play is off. has got a few good up and downs to save par. if he could hit a few greens he might just do that

Gone to +4 now,he is so inconsistent.

Out of bounds with first shot on 13th. His driving is awful at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

valoren wrote: »
    I think it oozes class and respect that former champs will always get an invitation to the Masters. For example, Jack Burke. the '56 champion, is 96, clearly not competitive but he would have gotten the invitation with the RSVP on it that every other invitee this year received. A lifetime exemption indeed. Sure, the organisers absolutely know he will decline and is always welcome to show up for the Champions dinner and to get his honorarium but he still earned the right to get that annual invite. He'll get another one next year.

That's the prestige you get when you win The Masters. I can say with some confidence that Sandy Lyle is not going to win but that is not the point. It's what makes it unique and it's very much an event that piles on the nostalgia, the history and the appreciation for good golf. It's not like Lyle et al are playing army golf either, they post over par numbers because it's a bloody hard course. There will be patrons there this year who will have seen Lyle win in 88 and when he plays through they will get to show him their appreciation with quiet applause. It's easy to be cynical about that but it's the way they like it.
    Agree 100%. It's a contributory factor in what makes it such a special sporting event.

....Although, do players over 65 still get an invite? Think the playing till you die aspect has been done away with. Perhaps though they still get the invite but there is an unwritten rule that you wont play past 65.

• Advertisement

Looks very bad for Lowry at present,hopefully it's not another four years before he wins anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5bbCtDMySv8-jCobs9gDY33ZckGzGDdl

Just saw this on the official masters YouTube channel. They have put up all the final rounds coverage(US coverage) from 1968 to 2018 to watch. A quick glance of it shows the times getting bigger as the years go on. Anyway as this is the golfing forum if any poster has a memory of the final round of the masters then you can now watch it back in perfect quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Currently leading the way:

Corey Conners -3 16 -3 - - - - -

T2 - Aaron Wise -2 12 -2 - - - - -

T2 - Justin Harding -2 12 -2 - - - - -

T2 - Patton Kizzire

Are these guys even household names in their own houses?:confused:

Except harding they have all won on the PGA tour and conners won just last week. Harding has a few wins on the european tour and they have also played more holes then most

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Except harding they have all won on the PGA tour and conners won just last week. Harding has a few wins on the european tour and they have also played more holes then most

Okay just showing my ignorance then...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know it's early doors so the big guns will come out on top eventually, but some fortnight for Conors. Not even in the Valero this time 2 weeks ago, now playing and leading the Masters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Lowry in drink on 16. Looks like his weekend will be free

I’m sure he’s disappointed no matter he’s says on tv with his form since Middle East

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

T6 at -1 after 4 holes.
    Didn't he win the par 3 yesterday as well.
    He's on fire at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Matsuyama is crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going to be hit and miss coverage for me for the masters this year as I’m travelling to Argentina at the minute.

Currently in a bar in Toronto watching it. Gotta love Bernhard langer. Some man

Tiger should be leading at this stage. Putting has been poor

Advertisement