Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

Going to be hit and miss coverage for me for the masters this year as I’m travelling to Argentina at the minute.

Currently in a bar in Toronto watching it. Gotta love Bernhard langer. Some man

Tiger should be leading at this stage. Putting has been poor

not sure what data or coverage you have but you could download the app to keep track and see some shots etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

not sure what data or coverage you have but you could download the app to keep track and see some shots etc

Ah I have that alright. I’m sure I’ll find an Irish bar for the weekend!!!!

Question for the audience!!!

Would you rather hit the tee shot on 12 or a second shot on the 13th ( this is from the fairway and not the pine needles obviously!!!) ??

13th for me. Looks unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The only thing more annoying than watching Lyle play is having to read you bitch and moan about it every year.
    You have 10 posts on the golf forum over the last 3 years, 9 of them are about Sandy Lyle. Every year for the last 3 years you have moaned.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much tbh.

Fully expecting Sandy Lyle to give the pgatour computer a decent workout this week, calculating his score.

It's over 30 (thirty) years since he won his green jacket, and he really is stretching it by turning up yet again. I hope he is going to be taken aside soon by the organisers.

At least, finally, we won't have to face him in the Open this year.

I see Sandy Lyle is competing yet again at the Masters, despite him having no chance of getting anywhere near the shake-up. It must be 30 years since he last won a major, and at least 20 since he was in with a shout. He's taking up a place for somebody who might have a chance.

When is this nonsense going to end?

Thankfully we have now finally seen the end of Sandy Lyle at this competition, 30 odd years after he won it.

In fairness to Sandy, he did pretty well this time and wasn't too far off the cut, but it's been well past the time for him to go for many years. He had his glory, but he's been taking up a place of a possible contender for many years now.

They really need to change the rules about past champions competing. 15 years max, in my opinion, unless they're somebody with an outstanding record in the competition, like Tom Watson.

I mean, we may still have to face another 15 years or so of Darren Clarke (something like 18 over this week) turning up. A quiet word in his ear would be appropriate, you'd hope.

Question for the audience!!!

Would you rather hit the tee shot on 12 or a second shot on the 13th ( this is from the fairway and not the pine needles obviously!!!) ??

13th for me. Looks unbelievable

13th for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Amen Corner Live on YouTube, Tiger just entering right now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,829 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

TV going to be all about Tiger again alas.
    Very unfair to the others.

Lowry finished +6

ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

slave1 wrote: »
    Amen Corner Live on YouTube, Tiger just entering right now

Link?
    all I can find is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOMpRtWekqA and there is a whole lot of nothing happening there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What time is the live coverage starting on Eir Sports?

• Advertisement

Jason day apparently getting stretchered off the second hole right now due to his back.

Advised he hurt his back earlier when carrying his daughter around!! A warning to all you golfing dads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Jason day apparently getting stretchered off the second hole right now due to his back.

Advised he hurt his back earlier when carrying his daughter around!! A warning to all you golfing dads

He was being stretched on not stretchered off. Playing the fifth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Caddy must be on a hefty bonus. :D

My first lesson in not to trust twitter!! He does have back issues though. No surprise with his swing in fairness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

glasso wrote: »
    Lowry finished +6

ah well.

that hole in one on the par 3 contest and i knew my €5 was down the jacks.

His back is apparently ****ed in general, some papers in australia were reporting he is holding off on surgery untill season end.

He had to get injections to play only a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

GreeBo wrote: »
    The only thing more annoying that watching Lyle play is having to read you bitch and moan about it every yet.
    You have 10 posts on the golf forum over the last 3 years, 9 of them are about Sandy Lyle. Every year for the last 3 years you have moaned.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much tbh.

Must've had money on Calcavecchia in '88

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sergio is 9 shots better than this time last year...👀😳

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

TW is looking serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Bernard langer is something else. Every year he seems to be up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just having a memory from many years ago of watching the Masters on RTE and Myles Dungan as presenter. He was excellent. Miss those days

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

lads what is that hole that sky are showing with tiny green - looks more like a hole on the par 3 course and patrons are basically sitting on green ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

lads what is that hole that sky are showing with tiny green - looks more like a hole on the par 3 course and patrons are basically sitting on green ?
    Are you looking at a tee box? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Yeap it’s one of the par 3 holes from yesterday

Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Remind me wrote:
    Tiger!

Thankfully he dose'nt have 4 rounds in him.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Are you looking at a tee box? :p

no unless there is something on the par 3 course today or using that footage from yesterday.

Strange - but The Masters - you hardly have a clue what you are going to see.

Remind me wrote: »
    Yeap it’s one of the par 3 holes from yesterday

Bizarre from Sky.

Ok Rory - turned a corner - Amen

From now on all the way to the green jacket

• Advertisement

Bizarre from Sky.

It’s not sky, there is always a standard shot they show at ‘downtime’ every year. It used to be flowers maybe changing it up this year.

Better by Rory

Advertisement