Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

ArielAtom wrote: »
    No, I witnessed him at the K Club, an odious character at best.

He's a winner - he's not paid to be a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭micks_address

No, I witnessed him at the K Club, an odious character at best.

He smelled bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

It's not often you get to watch a man change his legacy over the course of an hour and a half.

A catastrophic fall from grace story just became a redemptive comeback, and there's every chance he's not done at 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Tiger said he was plodding his way round. Basically, he was aiming to get a couple under and expecting everyone else to fade. It worked. It didn't work against YE Yang way back in 2008 but it's worked for a good number of his majors. It's very hard to stay composed enough to win them, especially if you have a lead going into the final round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

He's a winner - he's not paid to be a nice guy.

I suppose acknowledging the kids he waited for 5 hrs. But he lost the . I just an opinion, everyone has one, it’s not a personal thing.

He smelled bad?
    Use a dictionary it helps as for you thanker😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It was a great win for Schauffele coming through like that with everyone else falling away, wasn't it? :D

Hey, at least i got the clubhouse scores right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Unbelievable result for Tiger,gutted for Frankie,2 bad shots in 3 days cost him the jacket,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Koepka did tremendously well to hold off Tiger at the USPGA, on another day he could have won that.

He was leading also at the open on the final round and could've won that with a better back 9.

His major form is unreal. When's the last time he had an over par round in a major?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Gotta love the bitterness from some people

I'm ****ing delighted for Tiger

I suppose acknowledging the kids he waited for 5 hrs. But he lost the . I just an opinion, everyone has one, it’s not a personal thing.

The rage has taken over. Not making sense man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,953 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Did frankie's ball clip a branch on 15?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tiger said he was plodding his way round. Basically, he was aiming to get a couple under and expecting everyone else to fade. It worked. It didn't work against YE Yang way back in 2008 but it's worked for a good number of his majors. It's very hard to stay composed enough to win them, especially if you have a lead going into the final round.

Its exactly what jack did too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Was no bad thing for Tiger to have 3 ball groups as it enhanced the intimidation factor for 2 of his rivals as opposed to one. Not sure would Tiger have been in last pair today if weather hadnt intervened, but it wasn't a disadvantage for him the way it turned out anyway i dont think.

Did frankie's ball clip a branch on 15?

Yes.

Greatest story since this guy
    p383784_b_v8_ab.jpg

GreeBo wrote: »
    Its exactly what jack did too

It's a good strategy for players like that, it works most of the time. They use their experience to get a few birdies and no disasters, the others will find it hard to finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lol

OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

NDWC wrote: »
    One thing to consider is that Molinari has never held the lead going into the final round of a major before (unless there's one I've forgotten)

I think this played a part

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It's not often you get to watch a man change his legacy over the course of an hour and a half.

A catastrophic fall from grace story just became a redemptive comeback, and there's every chance he's not done at 15.

That's overstating it a bit. His legacy as a golfer was already secure; the thing about today was the culmination of a comeback from years in the doldrums. His physical recovery and determination set him apart from most (and put some others to shame.)

He played very well this week and his mastery of Augusta and mental strength shone through while others screwed up.

His off course issues aren't affected one way or another but I'd say a few sponsors will overlook that. The media is another matter. Their shameless favouritism and indulgence is an insult to the rest of the professional game but today at least they can claim vindication.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

OK.
    He's right y'know. Couldn't make head nor tail of it. Or the subsequent one either.

First Up wrote: »
    That's overstating it a bit. His legacy as a golfer was already secure; the thing about today was the culmination of a comeback from years in the doldrums. His physical recovery and determination set him apart from most (and put some others to shame.)

He played very well this week and his mastery of Augusta and mental strength shone through while others screwed up.

His off course issues aren't affected one way or another but I'd say a few sponsors will overlook that. The media is another matter. Their shameless favouritism and indulgence is an insult to the rest of the professional game but today at least they can claim vindication.

I'm not saying that without today he didn't have a golfing legacy, but it's not stretching it at all to say winning a 15th major after everything that happened between it and the 14th has absolutely changed his legacy.

I'm not saying that without today he didn't have a golfing legacy, but it's not stretching it at all to say winning a 15th major after everything that happened between it and the 14th has absolutely changed his legacy.

Not really. He was considered by some as the best golfer ever before today, so I don't know how much higher up he can go in terms of what golf fans think.

The only thing that would pull even more people over is if he surpassed Nicklaus total.

Not really. He was considered by some as the best golfer ever before today, so I don't know how much higher up he can go in terms of what golf fans think.

The only thing that would pull even more people over is if he surpassed Nicklaus total.

But as a human it completes one of the most remarkable comebacks in history, had he never won another major he would never have truly came back.

I'd agree that his determination and dedication puts some others to shame but I think that bit of his legacy was already secure.

But as a human it completes one of the most remarkable comebacks in history, had he never won another major he would never have truly came back.

I don't dispute the story and the great comeback it is.

But in terms of his golfing legacy its already extraordinarily high it can't go much higher other than to pass Nicklaus.

Maybe it terms of a sportsman I would agree it does elevate him even more so as one of the greatest sportsman ever, but I think he already was one anyway before today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

First Up wrote: »

Still not sure what the issue is with his off course ‘issues’. Got up on a load of consensual hookers, as do a heap of pro golfers on tour. No PED’s, no wife beating.. so he crashed a car whilst on pain killers for very obvious pain. His wife tried to assault him....other than that he just rode a load of tarts outside of wedlock. I’m ok with this much.

• Advertisement

I doubt he'll do that but to recover from such crippling injuries deserves to be acknowledged.

Advertisement