Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

glasso wrote: »
    Nike had this one in the locker obviously

Bit of a ripoff of the old Impossible Is Nothing Adidas ads back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I don't think Augusta has seen very many severe storms (and I mean the whole area over all time, not the tournament), it does not seem to be as prone to tornadoes as many other parts of the southeast. Not sure why, maybe because of local topography and slopes. But they had to go with that format for the sake of the "patrons" (or fans in an ordinary setting), can you imagine the chaos if they blew the horn about halfway through the 18th for the last group? They had it timed very well, I thought, even though the front did weaken to the point of being almost a non-event.

Having never been there, I can't really visualize how 30,000 fans or however many are on the grounds would get to effective shelter within a few minutes, probably impossible and so they would be hoping that all those people sitting in cars in a huge traffic jam would not get pulverized by those big pines falling on them. (in a worst case scenario) ... I've been watching the Masters most of my life and I can't recall a really significant severe storm impacting the tournament, unless we count the whirlwind of Nick Faldo uprooting Greg Norman.

Its the electrical activity (lightening to you and me) that they are worried about, not the winds.
    All those tall trees are lightening rods so you don't want to have people anywhere near them during a storm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

glasso wrote: »
    Nike had this one in the locker obviously

That's a terrible video from a design and presentation perspective. Looks like some fan put it together late last night on some free online video editing platform, very amateur. Hard to believe it was Nike that did it, or at least approved its online publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

NDWC wrote: »
    Poor course management on 12 but he was unlucky on 15 imo. We could've easily seen a playoff had he not clipped that branch. Did well to make a 7 in the end.

I'd be shocked if we've seen the last of him as a major contender.

15 was all his own doing. Wasnt even the drive, he put himself in completely the wrong place on his second out of the trees. That was a simply lay up (all things considered), you cannot give yourself 79 yards out of the rough on the left hand side of 15. He hit it 182 yards but had to give himself a minimum of 100 yards to create spin from the fairway to that pin. Huge mental error.

Advertisement