Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 2019 Masters Thread (Mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Enda is an ISPS ambassador

https://www.ispsgolf.com/ambassadors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭valoren

Some quality golf being played. Shaping up to be a classic Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Whats becoming clearer now is how damaging Rory's opening round was. Already 7 shots behind, not against chumps either, he's going to need 3 very very good rounds to win this from this position.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Day is a disgrace.

His time over his 2 putts was seen in full there .

Doesn't need physiotherapy . Need a kick in the arse.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Some were. Noticed that Spieth wasn't. Though the default position for the gallery when he's on the tee has to be duck and cover.

:D

TBF to speith he has no idea where the ball is going after he hits a drive, his dispersion graph must be like mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Call me a cynic but if Day was as injured as he let on he surely would've pulled out or shot worse than -2

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whats becoming clearer now is how damaging Rory's opening round was. Already 7 shots behind, not against chumps either, he's going to need 3 very very good rounds to win this from this position.

Yeah but that's his bad round out if the way. He is playing far too well this year to discount him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Day is a disgrace.

His time over his 2 putts was seen in full there .

Doesn't need physiotherapy . Need a kick in the arse.

Day is a golfer who frustrates me highly as you can't judge him at all.

You'd imagine if he is fecked he would play badly but then he come out an competes at times.

I feel (amatuer pyscholgist) he has lost something but is just a massive attention seeker, hence is constant injury wd stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Phil is still the entertainer, so aggresive and so skillful. Love to see him win another Masters.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah but that's his bad round out if the way. He is playing far too well this year to discount him.

Yes I wouldn't have been worried an hour ago.

But things have changed now.

It looked hard out there but it wasn't .

Likes of Day and Phill under par shows how poor Rory's round was .

Ive never understood the anti betting stuff in the major threads its all part of the fun, some people are mad into golf others aren't but might get interest with a bet.

Same with the commentary stuff.

Once you aren't insulting people or breaking outright boards rules, grow the community in the big events with more casaul viewers, have a big major thread at every event.

I'd prefer a big thread to read for majors then not.

Ye could also do like the weather forum have a everything chat thread and whatevr this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The course must be playing a little bit easier late this evening,some great scores coming in,Rory with an uphill task to win for +1,hell of a lot of top golfers ahead of him,3*68 might do it :)

Ive never understood the anti betting stuff in the major threads its all part of the fun, some people are mad into golf others aren't but might get interest with a bet.

Once you aren't insulting people or breaking outright boards rules, grow the community in the big events with more casaul viewers, have a big major thread at every event.

Ye could also do like the weather forum have a everything chat thread and whatevr this is.

Agreed .

Not as if there is that much posting going on at all.

Betting and tv comments are part of experience in thread .

Is there any way we can get rules changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

it's not like some no hoper has stole a 1st round lead. there are an awful lot of quality players in front of Rory, probably gone already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Be lucky to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

-15, -9, -5, -18, -8

The last 5 winning scores... +1 isn't out of it by any means. Augusta can make chumps out of early leaders. I don't think he'll feel he has to force it just yet but Koepka is not a name the contenders will have wanted to see leading after Rd 1.

It's people posting that they have someone backed as soon as they're in the lead that drives me mad! Unless they've posted it before the tournament of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Spieth has been atrocious, yet he is only two shots worse than Rory. Puts it in perspective. Reckon he will force it tomorrow, sh1t or bust time for this year.

• Advertisement

NDWC wrote: »
    It's people posting that they have someone backed as soon as they're in the lead that drives me mad! Unless they've posted it before the tournament of course

Ya I get that, but when you segregated the betting you take way the opportunity for people to say ive backed x because of y (im more interested in the y myself)

Then people get excited confident over thier picks and end up posting here anyways as they want to chat or brag or whatever

Maybe the rule should be you cant post i backed x at this price unless you have posted it before and quote it when bragging

I think a more open community especially at majors would grow the forum its pretty quite as is

Ya I get that, but when you segregated the betting you take way the opportunity for people to say ive backed x because of y (im more interested in the y myself)

Then people get excited confident over thier picks and end up posting here anyways as they want to chat or brag or whatever

Maybe the rule should be you cant post i backed x at this price unless you have posted it before and quote it when bragging

I think a more open community especially at majors would grow the forum its pretty quite as is

100% this. If they've posted beforehand brag away!

Its been a great tournament so far

100% this. If they've posted beforehand brag away!

You would need to let betting talk into the thread first off, but IMO it needs it, a rule like that after would be excellent

He wears what Nike want him to wear, I assume.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Day hobbling around the golf course at this stage

Don’t forget the vertigo incidents also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Pissartist wrote: »
    So what ? That makes you an expert ? I am neither clueless or little, it's my opinion, you disagree fair enough.
    Please don’t post in this thread again if you’re not going to bother reading the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

PARlance wrote: »
    -15, -9, -5, -18, -8

The last 5 winning scores... +1 isn't out of it by any means. Augusta can make chumps out of early leaders. I don't think he'll feel he has to force it just yet but Koepka is not a name the contenders will have wanted to see leading after Rd 1.

I'd agree he's not out of it yet, there's 3 rounds left to go after all. But I do feel he's effectively out of it. I think I read somewhere that its been 2005 since the winner wasn't in the top 10 or under par after the first round. Even to get to 8 under from where he is would mean 3 really good rounds, and with potential storms on Sunday, I'm not so sure. I reckon the winning score will be closer to -12 than -8.
    He really needs to throw in a 65/66 today IMO, otherwise it'll probably be a few rounds close to 70 for a top 10 finish that was never really in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Regarding Speith, I was surprised to hear Butch namecheck his coach and then criticise what he is doing with his client. It was along the lines of, he is teaching him to swing a club, but making him forget how to play golf. He certainly is a different player from a few years ago.

I don’t know whether it’s the clubs all being the same length or just the sheer ugliness of his swing, but I really dislike watching Dechambeau hitting the ball.

To the earlier poster who was on about the pro who wanted more free tickets, I suspect I know who that is, I’ve heard a lot worse than that about him from a friend who played on tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Russman wrote: »
    I'd agree he's not out of it yet, there's 3 rounds left to go after all. But I do feel he's effectively out of it. I think I read somewhere that its been 2005 since the winner wasn't in the top 10 or under par after the first round. Even to get to 8 under from where he is would mean 3 really good rounds, and with potential storms on Sunday, I'm not so sure. I reckon the winning score will be closer to -12 than -8.
    He really needs to throw in a 65/66 today IMO, otherwise it'll probably be a few rounds close to 70 for a top 10 finish that was never really in it.
    Yeah. It's a long shot. Though he had five birdies yesterday, so he's able to score. And didn't birdie the first par 5 either, so left at least one more out there. But he needs to get his driving sorted. You have to hit the fairways at Augusta, otherwise you're scratching around trying to save par.

Advertisement