Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland called me and hung up after I answered

Options
  • 08-04-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi - Electric Ireland just called me and hung up after I answered them. I'm in between bills and don't owe anything so can only imagine it has to do with the fact that I have been with you a year and it was something to do with extending my contract? As I haven't decided anything yet, I assume you can't do that without actually talking to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi jenn1984,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Hi Una - I'm in the Republic of Ireland.

Thanks

Hi Jenn,

Thank you for confirming.

We would need to see the account notes to advise, as call-backs are made by other departments. If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth, we will review as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Hi - Electric Ireland just called me and hung up after I answered them. I'm in between bills and don't owe anything so can only imagine it has to do with the fact that I have been with you a year and it was something to do with extending my contract? As I haven't decided anything yet, I assume you can't do that without actually talking to me?
    Just be aware of the number that you are ringing back, it could be a foreign premium. It wouldn't be a thing that EI would just hang up on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Just be aware of the number that you are ringing back, it could be a foreign premium. It wouldn't be a thing that EI would just hang up on you.
    Thanks - it actually was an 1850 number identified by my smartphone as an Electric Ireland number and is also showing up as such when I google it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Actually lots of Irish service providers use an automatic function for outbound calls that dials several numbers at once and connects whichever one answers first to the agent.  If you answer a second or two later, you'll get cut off.  It's a pain for the customer but it's far more efficient for the call centre than dialling individual numbers one by one and waiting to see if they're answered.

Hi Jenn,

Sorry that this happened - there was likely an occurrence with the phone line, or the agent may have thought that you were not going to answer, just as you answered.

If you send us that message, we can see for sure.

We are here on our social media channels until 6pm.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement