Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No receipt.

Options
  • 08-04-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello everyone. I pay my rent on a monthly basis directly into the bank account of the agent. The agent promised me that he would send me a receipt upon receiving the rent money.

But he never gave me an official receipt, all he wrote in the email was, "I have received the sum of "" for the rent and I will email you a receipt later today"

This was on 1st of April, but I still have not received a receipt.

Is that fine or should I keep pushing him to give me a receipt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

I would be fine with an email, but I would want the email to state the amount, the property address, and the period covered by the money paid. Just stating the amount makes it unclear what property the money related to, and whether the payment was for March or April for example. I would expect most agents to be better organised to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

why you want a receipt the record of payment is with the bank in another jurisdiction I pay and have to send a confirmation photo of the transaction from my online bank app to the agent and send it through online media what is it about renters in ireland they want LLs to wipe there asses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The agent twice promised a receipt and couldn’t even manage that

Only on boards could the OP and every tenant in Ireland be painted as useless. Sure the landlord isn’t even involved here, it’s the agents account and they are supposed to handle a basic office task

Ranting before reading

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

why you want a receipt the record of payment is with the bank in another jurisdiction I pay and have to send a confirmation photo of the transaction from my online bank app to the agent and send it through online media what is it about renters in ireland they want LLs to wipe there asses

FFS. If someone is handing over a significant portion of their salary each month to someone, give them a fecking receipt. You might as well say "What is it about landlords in Ireland that they're incapable of providing proper documentation like any other bloody business?"

If the agent is dealing with multiple tenants, a simple template saying "Received from <tenant> the sum of <€x>, as payment for rent of <property address> from <date> to <date>" is pretty damn simple to automate. Even if they don't have a proper accounting software system, they must still track these things in something like Excel at least, and could have it fire off an email when they reconcile their bank accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes, they will have a record of the transaction in their online banking. But that record doesn't cover the property name, the period covered by the payment etc. Asking for a receipt is a reasonable request.

And in this case, it's made worse by the fact that the agent said they would send a receipt and they haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Wont see the problem here
    Rent myself on a monthly base paid into the bank acc of the landlord
    Landlord has more houses so my statement says , rent xxxx euro April 2019 and the adres of the property on it
    Is proof of monthly rent payments enough I think

Advertisement