Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reissue of One4All card?

Options
  • 08-04-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if One4All still reissue cards?

I have one, €50 value, last 3 years in my wallet..says expiry 12-2019.
    But just checked balance online and its now worth 7.95 ???

Apparently T&Cs state:
    Inactive Balance Charge
    6.2 A monthly inactive balance charge of €1.45 (or the credit balance on the Card, if lower) will be charged after the Card has been in issue for 12 months. This charge will start to be applied from the following month and will continue until such times as the balance on the Card is zero and this Agreement is terminated.

But I believe you can return it for a fee of €5 and have it reissued? Anyone know if this is so?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Reissue is for lost or damaged cards, not to wipe the "inactive balance charge" off. Was meant to be legislated out of existence but as yet nothing has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

L1011 wrote: »
    Reissue is for lost or damaged cards, not to wipe the "inactive balance charge" off. Was meant to be legislated out of existence but as yet nothing has happened.

Can I claim it's lost but that I saved the number?
    Maybe I'd only get the €7.95 back?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Zipppy wrote: »
    Can I claim it's lost but that I saved the number?
    Maybe I'd only get the €7.95 back?
    Well, €2.95 after the €5 reissue charge is applied. But yes, that is what would happen

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

28064212 wrote: »
    Well, €2.95 after the €5 reissue charge is applied. But yes, that is what would happen

Right best spend my €7.95 today so :(

Thank you for responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I'd say you've missed the boat, and the card would be reissued for the currently outstanding balance so after the €5 reissue fee you would have a card with less than €3 balance on it.

The smart thing to do would have been to use the one4all card to pay for a new one4all card every 11 / 12 months to reset the clock on the monthly maintenance fee cutting in. I've never tried it myself but I can't see anything stopping someone doing this. The transaction cost should be less than the monthly maintenance fee over the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

The smart thing to do would have been to use the one4all card to pay for a new one4all card every 11 / 12 months to reset the clock on the monthly maintenance fee cutting in.

That's the smart thing to do? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

antix80 wrote: »
    That's the smart thing to do? :rolleyes:

Once you have one, spend it before the monthly fee kicks in or if you're coming up to the year and haven't found something worthwhile to spend it on it would cost €2 (not much more than the monthly fee) to use it to buy another one4all card which is good for another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I understand people forgetting about one definitely, we've all been there, but I think his point was it's hard to believe anyone wouldn't find something worthwhile to spend €50 on in a year!

Advertisement