If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics 3000i cinema package + A/V Receiver

Options
  • 08-04-2019 4:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at putting together a surround cinema package and was wondering if you could help me!

Requirements:
    • Support for Atmos and other surround codecs (DTS-X) etc.
    • Integrated Amazon Echo Support, potentially google home also
    • Has to look nice (the boss says so)
    • I'm not going for the down firing speakers just yet but they will be ceiling jobs. so just a 5.1 setup initially.
    • I have an Nvidia shield, PS4 as the only current inputs but support for 1 or 2 more would be nice.
    • One HDMI output I think is all I'll need, will never have a second separate output.
    • Might use a second audio zone at some point.
    [*]

Here is the current and proposed layouts:

XDTmCo6.png

Me being nerdy I did a 3D render of how I envisage the new wall may look to support the TV and speakers + a new electric fire! 

y7ctvWp.jpg

Actual room:

CAHHo1M.jpg?1

I'm currently looking at Q Acoustics 3010i cinema pack in White with White 3000FSI stands for the rears and a Denon AVR-X2500H or AVR-X3500h but there is a decent price jump between the two products and I'm wondering is there much benefit in the extra power output for a small-ish room.

Any advice would be great, even if I should consider changing center speaker or sub-woofer etc.

Budget is £1100 to £1500 ish, the right solution wins!  Would probably need some speaker cable and banana plugs too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Slaanesh.

Thanks for the post.

Going from your drawings the 3000i pack with the AVRX2500 would be very nice indeed. Adding in the 2 Atmos speakers at a later date.

However. You really should look at the Fyne Audio speakers! There are getting some excellent reviews and sound fantastic.

At the minute we have a very good deal on the F300 5.1 with the 2500 for JUST £899 (Retails at around £1200)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13679-denon-avrx2500-fyne-audio-f300-5-1-av-speaker-pack-black-av-receiver-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

The 3000i 5.1 in White with the Denon coming in at £1095.00 - The link below is for the non white finishe.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13646-denon-avrx2500-q-acoustics-3010i-5-1-graphite-speaker-pack-av-receiver-and-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

The FSI stands are priced at £129 but I could offer them at £105 per pair.

To go for the 3500 with the speakers you would be looking at £1425. Link below is again for the Non gloss finish.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13591-denon-avrx3500-q-acoustics-3010i-5-1-speaker-pack-av-receiver-and-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Again going on the drawing s for the size of your room the 2500 should be more that capable of filling the space.

Are you set on a White finish? Very few of the speaker sets seem to come in a white finish which limits the choice.
    Monitor Audio do have their bronze range in a White ash if this might be of interest I could quote up for these?
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12898-monitor-audio-bronze-1-white-speakers-per-pair.aspx

If you could move away from White to an Oak finish you really should look at the Fyne Audio speakers! There are getting some excellent reviews and sound fantastic.

At the minute we have a very good deal on the F300 5.1 with the 2500 for JUST £899 (Retails at around £1200)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13679-denon-avrx2500-fyne-audio-f300-5-1-av-speaker-pack-black-av-receiver-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

All above systems would exclude cables.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Cheers for the reply and advice!

The white is kind of important, I basically can't get it unless it fits in :)  However, I notice the 3010i 5.1 graphite pack with the AVRX-2500 is significantly cheaper. Is there any different components in there?

Slaanesh wrote: »

The white is kind of important, I basically can't get it unless it fits in :)  However, I notice the 3010i 5.1 graphite pack with the AVRX-2500 is significantly cheaper. Is there any different components in there?
    Hi Slaanesh.

The deal was only listed up with the Graphite finish on our website.
    I could have sworn yesterday that the 3010i 5.1 was priced the same as the walnut version at £749 and only the White was at £895.

I've done some calculations on this and can actually offer the White finish 5.1 including the AVRX2500 on the same deal at £949 plus £6.99 shipping. Excludes cables.

Hi Slaanesh.

The deal was only listed up with the Graphite finish on our website.
    I could have sworn yesterday that the 3010i 5.1 was priced the same as the walnut version at £749 and only the White was at £895.

I've done some calculations on this and can actually offer the White finish 5.1 including the AVRX2500 on the same deal at £949 plus £6.99 shipping. Excludes cables.
    If you can throw in the FSI speaker stands at the discounted price when added to the order I think we may be on to a winner! :)

Hey Slaanesh.

I can also offer the FSI stands in white at the discounted price of £105 per pair mentioned above.

For the 3010i 5.1 in the Artic White finish along with the AVRX2500 and 1 pair of stands would come to £1060.99 sterling delivered.

Do you require speaker cable and a sublink cable you do you already have these?

• Advertisement

I have a roll of speaker cable from wiring the house, not sure as to quality but if it turns out to be crap I can always get new cable.

I do not nor have I heard of a sublink cable so I'd probably need one of those. Maybe a few pairs of banana plugs wouldn't go astray either. Looks like we're nearly there :)

I have a roll of speaker cable from wiring the house, not sure as to quality but if it turns out to be crap I can always get new cable.

I do not nor have I heard of a sublink cable so I'd probably need one of those. Maybe a few pairs of banana plugs wouldn't go astray either. Looks like we're nearly there :)
    Hey Slaanesh.

In terms of speaker cable I would recommend at least something like the Symphony 100 that we stock or equivalent.
    It's priced at £1.19 per meter:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-900187-cambridge-audio-symphony-100-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

I could offer this to you for .95p per meter. If you don't have something as good as this it will really let your system down.

The cable you have left over from wiring the house was this used for the electrics of your house or other speakers around your home?
    If its electrical cable I would recommend not to use this.

A sublink cable is a single phono to phono and comes again is different lengths.
    The most common would be the Cambridge 7.5m one priced at £19.95 - I could offer this at £15.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-cambridge-audio-aud100-7-5m-subwoofer-cable-subwoofer-lead.aspx

Banana plugs start at £5.99 per pair - I could offer these at £4.00 per pair.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx

Hey Slaanesh.

In terms of speaker cable I would recommend at least something like the Symphony 100 that we stock or equivalent.
    It's priced at £1.19 per meter:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-900187-cambridge-audio-symphony-100-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

I could offer this to you for .95p per meter. If you don't have something as good as this it will really let your system down.

The cable you have left over from wiring the house was this used for the electrics of your house or other speakers around your home?
    If its electrical cable I would recommend not to use this.

A sublink cable is a single phono to phono and comes again is different lengths.
    The most common would be the Cambridge 7.5m one priced at £19.95 - I could offer this at £15.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-cambridge-audio-aud100-7-5m-subwoofer-cable-subwoofer-lead.aspx

Banana plugs start at £5.99 per pair - I could offer these at £4.00 per pair.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx
    I'll check the speaker cable this evening and get back to you. I initially had the room wired in the ceiling corners with the idea of having speakers close to the ceiling which will probably work for the atmos speakers eventually but won't work for rear or fronts in a cinema setup.

The sublink and banana plugs sound good. I'll get back to you with the definitive list.

Hey Slaanesh.

No problem at all. Drop me a post when your ready :)

Hey Slaanesh.

I have some unbranded stuff so I'm not sure if quality.

Probably best to get 20m of that cable you mention and enough banana plugs for the 5 speakers. Could you do up a quote for me and I'll order today. Thanks very much for the excellent service!

• Advertisement

Hey Slaanesh.

I have some unbranded stuff so I'm not sure if quality.

Probably best to get 20m of that cable you mention and enough banana plugs for the 5 speakers. Could you do up a quote for me and I'll order today. Thanks very much for the excellent service!
    Hey Slaanesh.

Sorry for the delay.

All in you would be looking at £1134.99
    Avrx2500
    3010i - Artic White 5.1 pack
    FSI stands - White - 1 Pair
    Sympony 100 x20 meters
    Banana plugs x10 pairs.
    Sublink 7.5m

If your happy to go ahead drop me your contact number in a PM.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.