Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats to Becky Lynch and Finn Balor

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Fusitive wrote: »
    I don't watch wrestling tbh but don't get the hate. The girl achieved a lifelong dream of hers and reached the absolute pinnacle of her chosen proffesion. For some, that's an Olympic gold, a world cup medal, an Oscar or a Tony award or whatever. She's massively famous and is a really good representative of the Irish people and a role model as well.

Why begrudge her getting celebrated in her own Country? It doesn't make sense to me.

Because people, by and large, are *****. Begrudging *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fusitive wrote: »
    I don't watch wrestling tbh but don't get the hate. The girl achieved a lifelong dream of hers and reached the absolute pinnacle of her chosen proffesion. For some, that's an Olympic gold, a world cup medal, an Oscar or a Tony award or whatever. She's massively famous and is a really good representative of the Irish people and a role model as well.

Why begrudge her getting celebrated in her own Country? It doesn't make sense to me.

I don’t think many people are begrudging her - well done, congrats, worked hard, in great shape etc. I think people are slightly aghast at the idea it’s a sporting achievement though - it’s not like when Pádraig Harrington sank his putt to win a 2nd British Open in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

You don't understand pro wrestling. You call them actors. That shows your hilarious ignorance to it.

From Wikipedia:

"She graduated with a degree in acting from the Dublin Institute of Technology, and has attended Columbia College Chicago and the Gaiety School of Acting."

Whether you like it or not, Becky Lynch is an actor. She even has a degree in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

You don't understand pro wrestling. You call them actors. That shows your hilarious ignorance to it.

From Wikipedia:

"She graduated with a degree in acting from the Dublin Institute of Technology, and has attended Columbia College Chicago and the Gaiety School of Acting."

Whether you like it or not, Becky Lynch is an actor. She even has a degree in it.
    Haha

You don't what they call themselves do you?.

You haven't faintest idea what your talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It is a bit weird that adults follow it though. I presume there’s a strong correlation between following it and also being a fan of Star Wars, wearing combat trousers, comics, computer games, and sporting a neckbeard?

And wouldn't know a fanny from a split tennis ball, amirite Johnny?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Loved Wrestling as kid, no idea about it now.

I dont see the problem though. You only live on this planet once. Once you do no harm to nobody who cares what other people do.

I'm sure most wrestling fans have jobs, work hard and their source of entertainment might be wrestling.

Some of us like sport or movie's or music or what ever.

Do what makes ya enjoy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Whatever about peoples opinions of pro wrestling it's undeniable that Fergal Devitt is a sublime athlete. Look up his training regimes and what he does maintain that body at 37 yrs of age. Completely drug free.

He honed his craft in Japan where he had the sh1t beaten out of in a training dojo for a couple of yrs. The Japs are very protective over their business and only real serious athletes make it over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Multi millionaires,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

From Wikipedia:

Chuck liddell has a degree in accounting. Would you consider him an accountant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Last lad u would imagine with an accounting degree. Fair play to him. The McGregor of his era

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Why not both?

IRS_crop_exact.jpg?w=642&h=428&q=75

Advertisement