Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Completing Address is Glasnevin

Options
  • 08-04-2019 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I have a partial address I want to post something to but need the name of the apartment block and don’t want to spoil a surprise by asking the person I’m sending it to.

For safety reasons it wouldn’t be wise for me to post the address I have here but it is in Glasnevin and has 11 blocks to the apartment complex. I figure there can’t be that many places with 11 blocks in Glasnevin can there?

Any help would be appreciated, have tried the an post address finder but it keeps sending me to malahide.

So does anyone know the name of the complex with 11 blocks in it in Glasnevin.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go here: https://finder.eircode.ie/ Put in *any* valid address. Click on the prompted address. Click "View on map". Move the map to where you want to go, with the red dot within the pointed. Click "Get Eircode".

PS. I'm only finding 9 blocks. ;)

Premier Square has 11 I think.

Premier Square has 11 I think.
    That's not Glasnevin, whatever the neighbours say. :)

True......Glasnevin North isn't a real place, people!

Google maps has similarly rebranded parts of Donnycarney / Killester / Artane as "Clontarf West"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Addison Lodge

Premier Square is Finglas.

• Advertisement

Google maps has similarly rebranded parts of Donnycarney / Killester / Artane as "Clontarf West"

There is a Clontarf West townland and a series of Clontarf West electoral divisions.

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/HPi - click "Run" if nothing shows, may not work on some devices.

Wow, that settles that then. That resource is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think if you know the name of the apartment block and apartment number and road/street but somehow give the wrong suburb or post code, it will still get there so don't worry too much about it. Glasnevin/Finglas is notorious for contentious boundary debates so the delivery folks will be well familiar with it. I get mail addressed to Ongar as well as Clonsilla in Dublin 15 and even Clonee, Co. Meath and it all still comes to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Along Glasnevin Avenue or anything South is Glasnevin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Strumms wrote: »
    Used to be called Ballymun Avenue...

Not your ornery onager

Strumms wrote: »
    That's arbitrary and incorrect.

Things with "Glasnevin" in the name: https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/HR6 - click "Run" if nothing shows, may not work on some devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I tried to convince a customer based in Ballymun town centre with the business name "Ballymun X" to change to "Glasnevin North X" for the hell of it once. :pac:

Nearly every area name with a cardinal direction after it isn't in the place its claiming to be.

Advertisement