Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka t3x rail screws

Options
  • 08-04-2019 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Collected my two firearms this evening on grant letters with proof of payment attached,
    Anyway, do I use the little flat head screws that come in the receiver to attach the rail?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Did the rail not come with counter-sink screws?

I think the screws in the action are just there to fill a hole and keep dirt out the threads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Each rail should have its own screws. As said above the ones in the receiver are grub screws and not designed to hold anything to it, just as protector (like the thread cap for the muzzle when the suppressor is not attached).

Have you ordered/received the rail? There should be four (4) screws minimum with it.

There is also a technique to screwing these down/in. Don't just start at one end and go along the rail. You want to do them in an order and only slightly tighten each screw so the rail is both squarely, and firmly attached without too much pressure/tightness on any one screw. If possible try use the two screw method. IOW screw two screws at the same time. Like you would when installing a set of rings.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

if memory serves me correct the action screws in a tikka are only m3. Most rails come with bigger screws, I know I had to tap mine out to m4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Excuse my stupidity folks, Tier one rail has the screws included. I was a little concerned at first with tikkas choice of mounting screw lol.
    Waiting on the wheelers torque set to do it.
    Have done it before without but can wait.

Only thing I'd have liked included with the tier one rail is the recoil pin.
    I'm suppose. 223 doesn't need one realistically

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not really needed especially on the 223. The four screws will do the job and recoil is fairly low.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Not really needed especially on the 223. The four screws will do the job and recoil is fairly low.

Cheers Cass. That's what I thought . Thanks again.

Advertisement