Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When your finished with a recorded item you delete it and it goes into the trash and further delete from there then its gone.disc full can be if you use fat 32 or timeshift.does your hdd show as ext4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

greasepalm wrote: »
    When your finished with a recorded item you delete it and it goes into the trash and further delete from there then its gone.disc full can be if you use fat 32 or timeshift.does your hdd show as ext4?

It doesn't show as anything but menus for timeshift are enabled, as in it doesn't show fat or ext
    Thanks for the help

Go into VIX section--Mount Manager and see how your storage is set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

greasepalm wrote: »
    Go into VIX section--Mount Manager and see how your storage is set up.

Didn't know about the mount manager, had unmounted itself for some reason. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

A new Zgemma HS7 turned on for the first time and stuck on "Boot". Any suggestions? Or would it be better to send it straight back to WoS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

did you get it with an image loaded? and which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

swoofer wrote: »
    did you get it with an image loaded? and which one?

Thanks - it was OpenVix. I wasn't with the box at the time, but all is well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm not sure if I'm having a derp moment or what. I have a H7S, running pure2. I have a brand new HDD that doesn't seem to be recognised, and I can't seem to figure out how to initialise it. There's probably an obvious step I'm missing.

I also ran a factory reset, and when I was setting things back up, I couldn't find crossepg. I was able to install it, but there was no option to enable it or alter settings/etc.

Finally, I was thinking I'd install a different image, but when I try to use a USB with the files downloaded on it and turn box off and back on while pressing the button on front the front panel shows boot, really briefly goes to flash but then back to boot. Box hangs then and have to turn off and back on again to get it running.

Any ideas/help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm having a derp moment or what. I have a H7S, running pure2. I have a brand new HDD that doesn't seem to be recognised, and I can't seem to figure out how to initialise it. There's probably an obvious step I'm missing.

I also ran a factory reset, and when I was setting things back up, I couldn't find crossepg. I was able to install it, but there was no option to enable it or alter settings/etc.

Finally, I was thinking I'd install a different image, but when I try to use a USB with the files downloaded on it and turn box off and back on while pressing the button on front the front panel shows boot, really briefly goes to flash but then back to boot. Box hangs then and have to turn off and back on again to get it running.

Any ideas/help is appreciated.

No need to do that to flash an image if you have it on the usb you can’t flash to one of the free slots within the os.

Same for mounting the new new drive , can’t remember off hand where it is but a quick google should sort you.

Is cross epg not in the epg setting area?

I am messing with pure2 version 6.5 and noticed a few glitches. It does not load crossepg, some items in order to install requires a hard re boot ie switch at back. I have a different box but same applies.

The image is quick and really automatic it can change every day so first thing you do is check for an update, menu,pmanager, software manager , check for update. For your hdd do same and go to device manager, hdd setup or initialisation. If hdd cant be found, try hard reboot and then if still not found you may have to check cables.

for epg you need epg importer.

Finally if I was you I would install openvix in another slot and see the difference, with a multiboot box, which yours is, the method of flashing is different and lot easier and quicker. This is what you do but go slow and be careful as you can overrwite your pure2. The box will have 4 partitions so you need to know where pure2 is located. But first download openvix to a usb and dont unzip it. The latest version of openvix comes with a need to reset password, its under network. Don't download the one with recovery on it you don't need it. Once on usb put it into front slot of box.

1. menu, pmanager, software manngr, flash on fly, downlaoded images, select image, now choose slot and make a note where pure2 is.

When box boots you can set up vix with crossepg, epgimporter and epg refresh, A lot comes pre-installed. I use vix a vix blue skin and its good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I have a good few mp4 files, wondering if I can I put them on the internal hdd and play them back on the box?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I have a good few mp4 files, wondering if I can I put them on the internal hdd and play them back on the box?
    Thanks

yes

swoofer wrote: »
    To use box as you require one fixed and other motorised do this as I have same set up .

Tuner A set at 28east = fixed. simple single.

Tuner B = go mode and scrool to positioner, ie use arrows on remote next to ok button. Positioner. and this is USALS. You will see longitude, arrow down and enter co=ordinates, change east to west, put in latitude, leave north, extra motor = no, force signal = no. press green to save and your done.

To get exact co-ordinates use google maps, put in eircode, then on red blob zoom in until it will go no further, right click, select whats here and thats your USALS settings. Ignore minus sign.

When you are recording on 28 east and select another channel dish will move automatically to 28 east.

I have decided to use my other Ariva 150 box I have connected to my motorised to do the moving for now as it has always been reliable. I don't switch sat positions much anyway. I have my Zgemma setup with one feed to Tuner A from a fixed 28east dish. The second feed to Tuner B is through a Diseqc switch with a feed from the fixed 28.2East on Lnb 1 Port B and the other satellites on Lnb 1 Port A.
    The 28.2 East recordings use Tuner A and leave Tuner B free for viewing both other 28.2 East channels as well as the other satellite position its pointing at.
    Very happy with the box so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Tango One

Has anyone setup with unicable LNB?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Tango One

Trying to change from openatv to openvix but can see to get it to flash.

followed the guide on openvix used an 8gb drive fat32 copy the zgemma folder to the root hold the bottom on the front and nothing happens. Any ideas?

One other question trying to use autobouquetsmaker but get cannot read data. Any ideas

edit used another version of openvix the emmc and it seems to have worked

After getting openvix I still seem to be having a problem with autobouquetsmaker tunning failed tuner config errors is roughly the message

Driving me nuts at this stage if I manual tune I don't have a problem,what region is everyone using on the freesat uk options.

Ahh it was the region that messed up that's few hours of my life wasted

How do I stop a timed recording? I pressed the record button and tried selecting "Stop timer recording" multiple times but no joy?

Edit: Found a solution, was given the option to delete timer in the epg.

I use open Vix and press green button which brings up your timer list and use coloured buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WD123

Hi, does anyone use the H7S with a motorised dish 13/18v? Does it seem OK with no issues?

I'm retiring my Vuo+ Duo which had a great internal positioner but getting but old now. So have purchased a H7s with PureE2 preinstalled to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I have a Mutant HD51 receiver but I am considering switching to the Zgemma H7 as it has a built in terrestrial tuner.
    The Zgemma is basically a clone of the Mutant but it has a built in terrestrial tuner.
    I use a Play TV with the Mutant and whilst it generally works well, the tuners can disappear every so often especially after a software reboot.
    Anyone have both receivers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Don Juan II

I've had this box a few months now, largely without issue and I'm generally pretty happy with it. However at the start I had an issue where the picture would freeze, the box would become unresponsive but the audio would continue to play in the background. The only way out of this was to perform a hard reboot using the on/off button at the back of the box.

I could go 2 weeks without it happening once then it might happen 3 times in 2 days.

I did my own bit of digging and found that memory usage was quite high. This was surprising as I have no extra add ons installed except your standard epg and sly skin. Also running openATV.

I then installed the cacheflush plugin and set it to run on an automatic schedule at the highest settings. Again this has seemed to largely solve the problem, but I'm still hit with random bouts of the box freezing and being unresponsive. While not a massive issue, it's actually just a bit disappointing if I'm honest.

Just wondering has anyone come across something similar or have a solution?

Thanks

I had this problem also with 2 different ZGemma H7S receivers
    I tried OpenVix and OpenATV with stock skins and no plugins.

Ended up sending it back to WoS. WoS tested 2 new receivers before sending them to me and I've never had a problem since.

Seems to be a know issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Don Juan II

That place is MAD busy:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I also had to return a ZGemma H7S. After owning it for about 3 months.

It started giving trouble happening after I installed the Kodi add-on but I don't know if that was related. I think it was a power supply issue but not sure. The picture would freeze up and go all snowy and the box would be unresponsive. Or I'd have it in standby but could not get it to come back on again. Plugging it out and waiting a while before plugging back in usually fixed it but not always straight away.

WoS were very good about replacing it but this gave me doubts about the reliability of these boxes.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tilting tim

I have this box a few months but never got round to doing much with it after initial set up, main thing I need is to set up recording, I bought without hdd but put a sdd 1GB in it, problem is it’s not showing up on devices menu, any ideas?

I have tried both slots for the power and restarted it

So you have an internal hdd inserted inside and plugged it was there 2 ribbons to connect to hdd.
    Nothing in storage device when box has rebooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tilting tim

Ya that’s right, I switched the power ribbon and went searching through menus and got to where I could format it (was new) so I have just started a record now, hopefully that will work

Hdd or usb should show as ext4,as usually new hdd is formatted on box and should show ext4 underneath the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was setting up a H7S for a buddy with a brand new hdd. It was configured with pure2, and would not pick up the drive. Switched to openvix and was picked up and was able to format drive. Switched back to pure2 and it was picked up fine then. Not sure if that applies here, but something to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone know what setting I need to change to stop audio description from coming on for certain channels? I have to turn it off manually when I switch that channel on.

• Advertisement

Can you say the channels as it may be a quirk. In the aopenatv image you can go menu, setup, audio, audio epg language, then I say yes to remember audio track per channel.

Advertisement