Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

greasepalm wrote: »
    You have to setup your saorview tuner to your location did you?

Not sure on this, I just did a full scan of both sat and terrestrial and no channels were found on terrestrial. Is there a setting on the box to set the saorview location? I had presumed the lad who installed the aeriel would have done this but maybe not. The TV itself is old and does not have a built in saorview tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Thats why you can use this box go to tuner A or B mode DVB-T2 aslong as you have an aerial feed

As i use 3 rock i use this setting but your region might be somewhere else buttons < or > for changing and green to save

Second image shows my abm setup for dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I know Kippure is my closest mast. Thanks for the images, I'll give that a try tomorrow and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I know Kippure is my closest mast. Thanks for the images, I'll give that a try tomorrow and report back

I'm 500 metres from a mast but can only pick up channels from one 7km away , both are in the same direction too

Might depend on line of sight as what might block your signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

Thinking of getting one of the boxes. 2 questions:
    1. Transcoding to mobile?
    I read some of the devices can do this and it is mostly required to view channels outside your home with the webif web Ui. So does this work and if not what model should I get instead?

2. HDMI CEC
    I hate the remote on these types of boxes, but mostly I just use one remote now that came with my Samsung TV, in my opinion it’s pretty fantastic remote - only a few button but by using HDMI cec it can be used for basic navigation in all my current devices connected to the Samsung. So my question is can this model take HDMI cec command ( for navigation around menus + play/pause etc ) from the TV remote? A friend mentioned it didn’t work with his TV

Thanks

By using box outside you could allow a hacker into your network unless its done correctly.

Hdmi cec is listed in openvix image but i dont use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

jeromeof wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of the boxes. 2 questions:
    1. Transcoding to mobile?
    I read some of the devices can do this and it is mostly required to view channels outside your home with the webif web Ui. So does this work and if not what model should I get instead?

2. HDMI CEC
    I hate the remote on these types of boxes, but mostly I just use one remote now that came with my Samsung TV, in my opinion it’s pretty fantastic remote - only a few button but by using HDMI cec it can be used for basic navigation in all my current devices connected to the Samsung. So my question is can this model take HDMI cec command ( for navigation around menus + play/pause etc ) from the TV remote? A friend mentioned it didn’t work with his TV

Thanks

1. AFAIK it can be done with a bit of messing but be careful of security as it can open your home network to potential risks.
    2. Yes HDMI CEC works with Samsung TV remote and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Zgemma H7C 4K UHD 2x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S2X

Two questions.

Question One: Is the WiFi on a wifi dongle.
    Question Two: Are the recordings DRM protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

1. There is no on board Wifi, so yes you would need a separate Wifi dongle.
    2. No.

• Advertisement

No and no.
    So the wifi is over-air.

Better to use a wired lan source over wifi dongles.

Better to use a wired lan source over wifi dongles.

Thanks, .that's not possible .working on 5G hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Good evening all,

I am having issues with FTP connection to my box using both Filezilla and Dreambox Control Centre. I am also getting a message oscam webif disabled.
    Been ages since I had to use Filezilla, I am happy with the ip address as it works fine with openwebif in the browser, i am using root as the username and tried a blank password and ports 21, 22 and 23 to no avail. I have created a password of root now in Network but it still wont ftp.
    Any thoughts or advice?
    Rebooted the box etc also.
    Thanks in advance

* Still no joy, tried on another pc and the issue is the same. Updated the image to latest Openvix but still no joy. Can I connect to the zgemma with an ethernet direct to the laptop for sending files etc as Ftp not possible at the moment?

** Sorted, changed my password using a telnet command and works now at last :)

All new images now need a password entered on box first if not you wont connect by ftp.

Write it down so you wont forget it.

You need to setup a password on box first and saved as ftp wont work without new password entered.
    Write down password so you wont forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mousie32

Hi there, I'm have a h7s running open vix. I have two TV tuners for saorview. One is via the normal coaxial and the other via a USB tuner. It always seems to default to tuner D which is the USB tuner. Is there a way I can set it so it defaults to tuner C. I just don't have the confidence in the USB tuner I have.

Thanks

Hi guys, sorry I found it - setup/ tuners & scanning / miscellaneous!! I was having trouble with mux 1 saorview coming through USB tuner. But no bother coming through the coaxial one. I suspect my TV tuner is on the way out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mousie32 wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry I found it - setup/ tuners & scanning / miscellaneous!! I was having trouble with mux 1 saorview coming through USB tuner. But no bother coming through the coaxial one. I suspect my TV tuner is on the way out!

Maybe, or maybe the signal is just too low for that tuner on one mux.
    Can you receive those channels if you feed the tuner directly from the aerial without any splitter or feeding the internal tuner?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think one of my satellite tuners has failed too. Luckily I rarely record anything so can work around it, but AutoBouquets wasn't updating and I'm not getting a signal if only connected to it.

Can these be swapped individually?

• Advertisement

Swap your feeds over and see if other tuner works as that will tell you where issues are.

Box has fixed tuners only.

Swap your feeds over and see if other tuner works as that will tell you where issues are.

Box has fixed tuners only.

Damn.. it looks like a tuner failure alright.

Must see when I bought it and the warranty.

2 year warranty on box and did you swap feeds over?

2 year warranty on box and did you swap feeds over?

I did.. with only one cable plugged into that tuner I'm getting nothing.

Same cable works fine on the other

And that tuner is setup single and simple.

Maybe, or maybe the signal is just too low for that tuner on one mux.
    Can you receive those channels if you feed the tuner directly from the aerial without any splitter or feeding the internal tuner?

I'm now having bother with the Mux2 channels [i.e. VM1]. I connected the aerial to each of the usb tuner, DVB-T and the DTV separately and it was the same for each one. Would I be right in saying it is an aerial issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I'm now having bother with the Mux2 channels [i.e. VM1]. I connected the aerial to each of the usb tuner, DVB-T and the DTV separately and it was the same for each one. Would I be right in saying it is an aerial issue?

Aerial orientation or cable from aerial issue seems most likely.

Check the connector/s on the cable, that is often the problem area - either loose or a braid problem.
    Work your way from tuner to aerial checking all you can.

Aerial orientation or cable from aerial issue seems most likely.

Check the connector/s on the cable, that is often the problem area - either loose or a braid problem.
    Work your way from tuner to aerial checking all you can.

Thanks Johnboy. I worked my way back to the aerial - all connectors etc. seemed fine. Had a look at the aerial orientation and going on what it said on the soarview website the aerial was about 20deg off. Readjusted [using the compass on my phone - not great] but all working now again.

Thanks Johnboy. I worked my way back to the aerial - all connectors etc. seemed fine. Had a look at the aerial orientation and going on what it said on the soarview website the aerial was about 20deg off. Readjusted [using the compass on my phone - not great] but all working now again.

Up this morning and same again with the mux 2 channels! Anybody any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

You are getting a bad signal or that usb tuner is dying. Where did you buy it and what is the model reference. It may be a duffer. They are not dear and it might be a better option to just ditch it.

How have you the coax set up ie have you split it correctly? Can you check signal strength on each tuner and compare and then swop feeds?

I have openvix loaded now so can see same as you. I use a good aerial with an amp and a three way splitter. aerial is outside but have trees in line of sight. Very poor without amp, with amp its 100% or agc 96%.

I use sat cable for the aerial not cheap coax, it all matters.

Say a bit more.

Advertisement