Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭swoofer

I'd say if box works with webif remote then its the remote. 😁 A new remote is about 14 euro. Too much flashing is bad and I prefer internal HDD to external. And you would benefit by putting epg on usb.

satworld does remote

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

I am trying to get Netflix installed via Kodi but when I try to install Kodi (install plugins > extensions > kodi enigma 2 plugin) it says execution finished but no plugin appears in the list. Any ideas?

you dont say image or version but try this press power then select multiboot and you should see 2 option pip or kodi.

It's openvix 5.4 012

When I open the multi boot it says it is in kodi mode.

Any idea where I can install Netflix app on it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Your on an ancient build of Openvix as current image is 6.3.002.

If you have space Reflash a latest image onto spare slot

• Advertisement

As above and Openvix is not that good with kodi, best is openatv but forget about netflix not worth it get a firestick I know its extra remote

However if you are a dabbler flash openatv 6.4 online don't use usb, setup from scratcg and download kodi then use google re netflix, it depends on kodi version etc. Openatv 7.2 is the latest but I think that's still a bit iffy.

Ok, I have Netflix on the TV but was hoping to keep it all on the one remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭andy1249

Stick with netflix on the TV.

Ive had 4 enigma 2 boxes , Tiviar , zgemma internal drive , zgemma ssd slot at back , and now VU+.

Enigma 2 is open source software , whereas all the streaming provider apps ( netflix , apple tv , disney + , iplayer etc. ) are not open source software and do not play well with enigma 2 no matter what workaround you use.

They will always be unstable and even if you do get them working they wont stay working for long.

Enigma 2 is rock solid as long as you dont add dodgy plugins , and streaming app workarounds are dodgy plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Has there been some sort of change in the satellite signal or something?

Im missing a load of channels- the likes of bbc1 and bbc1HD. I’ve done a rescan and epg download but I have a load of channels that are N/A?

Yes loads of changes with sd channels going and hd taking over.

You might need to network scan to pull in their new positions or if using Bouquets are they current or needing updating.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

BBC1 HD no longer exists as such. They have split into separate regions. For example

BBC One London HD is on 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK

BBC One Northern Ireland HD is on 10847 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK

You may also be interested in the Red Button Channel in HD on 10778 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Morris Code

Read a comment recently about someone having trouble with Remote for a ZGemma box.Mine has been driving me nuts for weeks-so unresponsive -got fed up changing batteries.Anyway in exasperation I started to tap it on floor when it wouldn't respond.The tap actually worked but then in a bigger fit of exasperation I gave it a heavier tap and the little black cover flew off.

That was 3 days ago but the Remote is now working like it should without that cap.Go figure as they say-but it might help someone wlse with the sam problem.

Mobile phone while pressing buttons it should see the response.

Yes their remotes are not the best

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree, Ive just got one and it's awful. Not sure if it's the remote itself or the position of the receiver that's the problem but it needs to be pointed quite accurately to work.

Luckily if you enable CEC your TV remote can do a lot of functions, and if you're extra lucky like me and the TV remote is Bluetooth, then even better!

The Zgemma may be popular here , mostly because its a cheap combo box , but it does show its cheapness over time.

There are no different model numbers between the internal hard drive model and the back slot SSD model , the remote is brutal , and the caps inside will swell and make the box unstable within a couple of years ( its happened to both of mine).

Having had a Tiviar and two H7s this time around I went a little further upmarket and bought a VU+ with two FBC tuners and two Terrestrial tuners.

Sitting it beside a H7s for comparison , the build quality of the Zgemma becomes obvious as to how poor it is , but of course it is cheap and you get what you pay for.

The remote issue never bothered me because Ive never used them , never even put batteries in them , I have a Harmony Ultimate that I use and also the LG magic remote that comes with the TV can control it.

The box you describe sounds like this one VU+ Duo 4K SE (SELECT YOUR TUNERS) UHD 4K. inc 500gb hdd.

The cost before postage is about € 524.00.

The cost of a Zgemma h7s from DE is €178.00 delivered and with the rear HDD slot. Add an SSD for 40 = €218.00 = No contest.

They both use the very same software. The only difference is a single DTT tuner as opposed to a dual.

You don't say how the zgemmas were stored ie adequate ventilation, how they were configured, what image, was a usb used for epg and so on. Were they covered by guarantee.

I have one in use since dec 2020 and not missed a beat.

As for remote people never say how far from box, how is box sited, type of batteries used, I use remote from 16/18 feet and aim it at box, its the box that captures signal. No probs.

Think of the zgemma as a ford focus and the Vu+ as a lamborghini but the pic quality in the zgemma is the same as the Vu+ may be better, less processing.

A box better than the VU and not a lot more than the Zgemma is the AXHD61, WITH hdd SLOT IN REAR and add a sony tv tuner = dual dtt knocks spots off that VU+.

And finally the REMOTE on the AXHD61 is AWESOME you can aim it over your shoulder pointing away from box and it still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭wassie

I call it great value - I just want a box to watch and record Sat & Terrestrial TV shows that has an EPG. Nothing else. Streaming is best covered by either onboard TV apps or other devices like my Fire TV 4K Stick.

About 400 euro configured for FBC dual and DVB T2 no hard drive .... not 524 .... or to put it another way , the same cost as both the Zgemmas I had which are dead now .... so ?

Im not saying it performs any better than a working Zgemma , it doesnt , Im just expecting it to live a lot longer than a Zgemma , no way would I buy another Zgemma after having two of them die with swollen caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Moving Terrestrial Channels

Someone previously had previously asked how to have Irish epg channel to appear on the same list as Satellite epg. 

This worked for me.

Press TV on your remote control

Press Yellow button on remote control

Select RTENL

Scroll down to Oireachtas ( do not press ok )

Press MENU on your remote control

Options will pop up

Select add service to bouquet

More pop up will appear

Scroll to ALL CHANNELS AND PRESS OK.

Oireachtas TV station should be on the same epg list as the satellite channel only it will be on the bottom of the list

If this works for you.

Do the same procedure for the rest of the channels you want to move

To the person who was have the unreonsive remote control.

The back light on your TV may be interferring the the signal.

Press menu with TV remote control, then Mode  scroll down to Backlight

Then reduce the Backlight to about seven, which is what my backlight is set on.

Hope the above works and is helpful to you all.

Cheers Socks

Post edited by MonkieSocks on

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Super helpful post! Thanks!

• Advertisement

I live in the dark and no backlight on my tv , but is an interesting point but am aware how bad their remote is for sure.

I know it may sound daft but have you changed the batteries, I always used Duracell Ultra until the stopped making them, I wonder why? Now use Energiser Max and aim dead straight and found it OK. I did mention the AXHD61 remote its unreal.

Most people have changed the batteries but as everyone states aim it at the machine , if you have the protection tape over the screen remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In my case the box is on a shelf of the TV stand below the TV (I hate wall-mounted TV's!), and there's a large-ish coffee table in the way too, so you have to aim it downwards to point at the box which is just a bit awkward especially if you have to stare at the remote if you're using some of the more unfamiliar buttons.

Remote for AXHD61 or Zgemma, AX wont work Zgemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

So just back from a few weeks away and several channels seem to have disappeared. BBC 1 HD has a pop up saying Service not found (SID not found in PAT). Which is meaningless to me! But it seems from looking at another discussion that the BBC is changing things from SD to HD. So what do I need to do on my Zgemma box or is this box now going to need replacing? Hopefully I can add new transponders but not sure how to do this or even if it's possilbe. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

you just need to retune your BBC's ,no problem

I'll show you how to get BBC1 london HD and then same will apply to all future channel changes. GO MENU SETUP RECEPTION SIGNAL FINDER, then change type of scan to user defined by toggling arrow right, then arrow down and enter

1. System should say DVB-S2 if not toggle until it does
    2. FREQUENCY MAKE IT 10818 use remote keys
    3. INVERSION LEAVE AT AUTO
    4. SYMBOL RATE make it 23000 USE REMOTE KEYS
    5. POLARISATION MAKE VERTICAL, IE TOGGLE
    6. ARROW DOWN TO NEXT PAGE
    7. FEC MAKE 3/4 BY TOGGLING
    8. MODULATION MAKE 8PSK ..YES TOGGLE
    9. ROLL OFF/PILOT MAKE AUTO
    10. TRANSPORT LEAVE AT ORDINARY

Then press green to scan, wait and then 8 channels appear, these are in your box as last scanned. Click on BBC ONE HD and it opens.

If you want to add to bouquets say so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I've listed the new TP settings here. The generic BBC One HD no longer exists, you must choose a regional version.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058288873/list-of-recent-bbc-frequency-changes/p1

Advertisement