Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

I get

<n/a>

Last Scanned

Saorview - All channels

Sky UK- FTA HD channels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When you were setting up the box what did you choose for setting up your tuners for your channels.

Are all tuners have a cable feed.?

N cable hereabouts. Sat dish and aerial.

Yes but for Sat and Saorview you need to fine tune and add your areas so box will scan correctly.

I choose London Hd for my Bouquets instead of Ireland for my sat stations.

Saorview as in Dublin i use 3 Rock as nearest transmitter

I did that OK. N Ireland for Sat and Co Louth for saorview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its important to say Yes for Swap channels. And most of all NB Press Green button to save your changes and then scan.

Did you run an ABM scan on sat and what bouquets did you get

Did you run an ABM scan on Saorview and what do you get .

Do one at a time to check your results

Sorry lads. I'll have to leave off for now. Herself wants the TV. Maybe I'll do a factory reset tomorrow or the next day since I don't seem to be getting screens as expected. Maybe I mucked up somewhere along the line. Once again thanks for your patience.

Dont factory reset as you get more grief.

Rescanning updates your previous lists.

Reflashing image to another image one sets up box again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Is client mode still available? Haven't used enigma2 in years but got two Edison nino pro receivers with latest openatv image and was hoping to have one receiver act as client. However I don't see any option in tuner configuration for client mode. Anyone have any instructions if this is still possible? Cheers

Edit: Ignore me found remote stream convertor that does this.

Post edited by kaisersose77 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Just over the last few days I've lost Soarview EPG data on my ZGemma and also on my VU DUO2. Both are on OpenVix 6.3. I've not made any recent changes. Anyone else noticed this and is there a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Assuming you’re creating a new AutoTimer from the EPG you’ll start here after pressing OK

Scroll down to “Use a custom location” and press OK

Press down arrow and OK

Press MENU

Select option 1 “switch to filelist”

Press MENU again

Select option 3 “create directory”

Press TEXT

Use the on screen keyboard to enter name of folder you want to use

Press green (SAVE)

Scroll down to the folder you just created 

Press blue (Add bookmark)

Press green(OK)

Press green (OK) again

Press green (SAVE)

That’s it!

If you are modifying an existing AutoTimer then from the main screen …

Press MENU

Select Timers and then AutoTimers

Select the relevant entry and press OK

… and follow the instructions above. Note that if you do this it won’t have any effect on the individual timers for each episode that had already been generated, so you would need to go through them all individually and change the custom location for each one. Any new ones will be created automatically.

TBH it’s easier to just delete the old AutoTimer, choose the option to delete all the generated timers when the option appears, and create a new one from scratch.

Not looked at Saorview for a while and went to Rte 1 and it auto populated itself .

Do you have your EPG to Auto detect and been saved to Hdd or usb

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Some reports here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058295538/saorview-box-no-data-available#latest of people having issues with the Saorview EPG. Sounds like an intermittent problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Its a Saorview problem. Seems to be working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Leonita

Thank you so much for that. It took me a while to figure it out but when I got the hang of it it was quite easy to do. It is easy enough to change existing timers to my preferred location once the file has been created.

Mods is there a way to move these types of instructions to the top of the thread like a stickie (if that's the right terminology?).

Post edited by Leonita on

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Sorry if this has been asked before, but the image freezes for a second every few seconds on my box. Do I need to rescan or what would be the recommended fix?

I tried to find an answer online but all I can find is problems with the box completely freezing up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I doubt a rescan will do anything. Is this on all channels, Saorview and Satellite or only some channels?

Presumably you tried the usual reboot.

What channel i would ask and check signal quality is good.

Would need to find out more with image , skin in use ,hdd in use Lan cable connected etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Hi there,

Does anyone use the movie organisor plugin? I had it working before christmas till my box crashed and i updated it. Since then I couldn't get this plugin to work. When I tried to install it i think it said it was already installed but I'm not sure how to get rid of the old one. It was great cos it would just organise series links into folders automatically. Thanks for any help.

Hi all looking for more help here please! When I go to install plugins this message keeps popping up "There has been an error, please try again later. If this issue persists, please check openvix or wos".

The same message pops up if I try to do an update.

The box is connected to the internet with a dongle and I can log into it on the laptop.

The box version is OpenViX 5.4.012 (2021-05-14) if that helps.

Any ideas?

TIA

Its the same idea for removing and installing plugins

Go to plugins and see the RED button to remove old / broken ones , press red and you see whats loaded onto box go down the list and select your choice and it should be removed and exit out .

Green Plugins to download your plugin you need. If its not listed it might be not compatible with your current image.

Your on a non supported image with no feeds from Them

You need to update your image from the feeds i think?

In very simple language what exactly does that mean and how can I go about doing that please? Or is the box a dud?

Images expire and no longer supported . Box needs to be reflashed to a newer image via remote

Press blue button - Vix Image Management -- Image Manager

Notice Coloured buttons on the bottom YELLOW DOwnloads

It will ask you from which library -OPENVIX -Ok button on remote

Expand dropdown image on 6.3 and select ok and box should download to hdd

You will see an image on your list when finished and press blue button to flash new image and leave it alone until finished.

Wizard will start box off as new and use the picture to setup channel , tuners , epg etc

Thank you that seems to have done the trick. I've lost the sky like look though any advice on how to get this back?

TIA

That was a skin that you might have changed from default to a sky one.

Menu - Setup - User Interface - Skin selection - and choose.

I just stick with the default one Simple 1080.

If the one you want is not there download plugins green and choose from other options.

Some skins can give cause issues on your box and might have to removed.

Also setup password on box via remote and write it down if you need to access it by FTP like filezilla.

Enable logs and reboot box to save any crash errors box might have.

Make sure EPG is not going to internal flash and it to a HDD to store.

Thank you so much. The skin was there its blue hd :-)

I'm not sure about setting up password but the epg was set to go to the HDD before I reflashed this morning. So I presume that hasn't changed.

I enabled logs and the GUI restarted. Should I restart the box as well?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Another quick question! I can now download plugins but they are not appearing on the plugins list. The plugin is there under the remove plugins list. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for all the questions.

TIA

Advertisement