Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Possibly the Default USB took over when internal went down and are they both showing as ext4 meaning correctly set up on box before using

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭MenloPete

This has happened to me too in the past - I think probably when the box was abruptly powered off. I have a USB stick connected as well as a hard drive.

The mount points can be easily reassigned

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

My EPG is shwing a lot of gobbledegook on some channels. When I then select the channelit first shows the rubbish text on the screen and then switched to the correct text (Channel ID, Current programme and next programme etc. It's only on the satellite channels(except for FILM4 which is OK) the terrestial channels are all fine. It doesn't matter which skin I use the same thing happens. Attached screenshot.

So on the first line for BBC ONe Lon HD the entry should say News and the next should say The One Show. And I also noticed that for some channels (BBC4 and ITV1 HD on this screenshot) some entries are correct and some are nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You could try deleting the EPG database which seems to be corrupted.

MENU>SETUP>EPG>DELETE EPG CACHE

If you are using crossEPG go into its settings and run DOWNLOAD NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Should cross epg be populating my saorview epg?

I lost all epg and ran crossepg (which is scheduled to run ever evening at 4am.). Have free view epg now but saorview still missing. It was working. Not sure what's happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Saorview is a separate system. It should populate with the full 7 days EPG as soon as you select a Saorview channel. This of course will empty again if you do not watch or record a Saorview channel for more than 7 days. Another option is to configure EPGrefresh to make a dummy recording of a Saorview channel during the night. This will also top up the Saorview data. One thing to keep in mind with EPGrefresh, don't run it at the same time as crossEPG (EG 4am) or they will fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

How do I get EPG data for the UK radio stations. I don't seem to be able to record a radio programme without the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Hey - how does one manage without the RF2 option, to change channels in anther room?

If you have a laptop or desktop enter your box ip into your browser like 192.168.0.* and it will open a Webif page and expand left handside remote as those buttons.

Its a virtual remote to control functions of your network linked box from other places in house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Just press the radio button and then when you have a radio station on, press the EPG button - you have to have a radio station on to see the radio EPG.

• Advertisement

That didn't work for me, I'm afraid. The EPG for the Saorview stations is there all right but not for the UK stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

I think the dvbt tuner in my box is gone faulty. Rte one is gone while virgin one is just about hanging in there. I did upgrade to the latest version openvix 6.4 but had a feeling it was on the way out. Anyone tried a USB tuner on this box?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

egal, this is a tricky one, can you say name of image and version, how have you set up autobouquets maker, and how are you getting epg, is it openepg?

I tried it today and to get EPG on radio I used epg importer, in sources select rytec uk and select all, green to save, then press yeloow to import, just wait and see nuM,ber of events on screen, about 70,000, then exit and check epg but you may have to restart the GUI. good luck.

tango one, are you using a good aerial and did you recheck the cable? not heard of the DTT tuner failing. I use a sony play tv tuner but you need a special driver, its db700 from memory so check that in latest vix. i dont advise updating to latest until its replaced as it can cause issues.

The sony is a dual tuner so you can record ALL of saorview at same time.

Just a thought is box still under guarantee?

Post edited by swoofer on

I bought the box the end of 2020 unfortunately its out of warranty. I have a good aerial and plugged the feed into my tv and all the channels worked without issue.

Will try get a Sony tuner, I see there is an Xbox tuner too but like the idea of the Sony dual tuner.

Thanks

the sony is on ebay uk but BREXIT makes it dear, best I saw was 5.68 plus the rest, that driver is dvb-usb-dibo700,

Hi Cathy427 - did you manage to get the H7s working with RF, or how have you managed to get signal sent to another location?

Picked one up on Ebay worked out about €25 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cathy427

Hi Necstandards, no I didn't come up with anything- something else came up so I never got back to sorting this out.

Are you trying to output the hdmi over coax? If you are a hdmi to dvbt modulator will do the job.

Thanks, Swoofer, for taking an interest. I followed your instructions, only instead of about 70000 events, I had 0 events.

• Advertisement

Are you saving epg on usb or hdd and not internal.

Do your providers need updating?

Thanks. have been looking into this and modulator looks the way forward. Does the modulator have a slight time delay when pressing the remote control button?

Also, if i had CAT5/6 network, is there another method to use this?

Here's something I found on another forum:

You are correct Brian. Never assume. I always have full listings for radio and use the IEPG1 as the source for epg data and assumed that is where it was coming from. I've just run a test and it only populates the TV channels. I then thought it might be getting the data from the Freesat EPG (by tuning to a bbc channel etc) but that didn't work. I then switched to Sky News and the listings started to populate (slowly). In EPG settings I have the EIT, Freesat & OpenTV epg's enabled. Have a go and see if that works for you.

I'll try this and let you know how I get on.

Never used one Magic Eye TV Link with a modulator. I used the modulator so I could amplify and split the output video.

egal you did not answer all the q's above, but my way defenitely works, before I get you to delve deeper need a bit more info. I'm not home at the moment but i have atobouquets set up, openepg enable, put ticks against freesat under epg, seleccted rytec uk under epg importer, green to save is important.

using latest openvix 6.4

Oops forgot to ask what particular radio channels and to check EPG location its menu setup epg, settings location

I have autobouquets maker for Saorview and FTA UK HD channels. I'm sorry I don't know the answers to your other questions. As regards the other thing I was to try, only limited success. A full 7 day epg loaded for all the BBC radio stations - eventually - but only for a handfull of commercial channels.

OK I tried another way but it means downloading a plugin called Crossepg and setting it up correctly. It worked for quite a few channels but when you say some channels did not get an EPG is this important as its quite possible some wont have an epg and if you don't name them i have no way of checking. You are on the very latest image which is not recommended as it may have glitches but crossepg will get a lot. With EPG its best if you only use one at a time as they can conflict so I would turn off openepg when you run CROSSEPG. To get it you go to plugins green button then systemplugins. NB when installed box will reboot and then its under EPG.

Try that

Thanks again, Swoofer. The radio I am interested in is Greatest Hits Radio. My box is not connected to the internet. Does that make a difference as regards plugins?

All my boxes are connected to internet as i can also view recordings from another box in the house with ease + you can couch flash your box with remote control if you have a storage device.

• Advertisement

That channel has no epg only shows NOW ie current program and YES without internet you are stymied.

To get running order for Grearest Hits ... yes you need to log on to their website.

Advertisement