Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

now this is what you do but i might get called away so be quick menu setup network, adapter settings then for use dhcp say yes, now someone must have turned that off, green to save and re start network then do test again

what the make of router, and check cable to router lan port

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Iceman99

Thanks friend, unfortunately tv has been comendeared for the evening, but I will resume steps tomorrow.

Thanks again 👍

just to keep me happy tell me make and model of router and i can peruse overnight and have your more than one lan cable but if your watching strictly i understand😁😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

As he is on an older Image might he be better off with a newer image and hoping he might have a HDD fitted for couch flashing and choosing another slot?

Haha no was waiting The Killer on Netflix. Anyhoo, the box is fitted with a 500GB HD and its a Sky router and per pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Go into your menu and do a reboot of box and after a few minutes recheck in network box has an ip and green in network test.

snap watching Killer as well

I rebooted the box and did a network test but everything is red except Lan adapter at the top.

Now I wont stay too long but did you follow my instructions in 1687 and if you did do a pic.

Just to add that sky router is a bit of a pig and the Zgemma can be tricky!!

Post edited by swoofer on

Yes did that, and now the dhcp is green

• Advertisement

The footie is on now and I have moved on to a different box but do you know how to log in to your router and do you know router ip addrees? It looks as if you are in the network wizard but I need to see that you have saved the settings. Also the router may have assigned an ip address tp zgemma and ..

Try this network go to network wizard and click on lan connection, take a pic and post it.

You may have to reboot router but later.

I tried a different cable and the wizard came back all green.

brilliant dump that old cable in the bin. now next bit is important you want to give a dedicated IP to the box and make a note of it, ie take a pic but it means you now turn off dhcp to no and restart the network, you go back to network, adapter settings and green to save. it may ask if you want to restart say yes.

how good is your broadband

Broadband is very good, I followed the steps, but I tried downloading a plugin but get an error. 🤔

I logged onto the PC for the IP address.

Post edited by Iceman99 on

Now this is important because your image is so old the server stops supporting it and that is why you may get an error , what were you trying to download?

The latest version is 6.4 and with the box hooked to internet you can update to the latest version but as it goes from 5.4 to 6.4 you should do a clean install. You may not know this but that box has 4 partitions so you can have 4 images on it and in your case you should put the new image on an empty slot.

However you have to configure box from scratch, ie language, video resolution, screen hrtz, configure tuners, set up epg, then autobouquets, network, add a nice skin and your done.

It takes a little while and you will get prompts like restore settings, restore plugins, scan satellites and you say no to all.

The good news the new image is very good and lots of stuff is easy.

NB I should have pointed this out to you earlier but its vital you dont store EPG in internal flash, if you do it will eventualLy break the box. So can you check now by menu setuo epg and you may have crossepg click on configure and check location, should say HDD.

Well, just to test it, I went into the plugins menu and then the IMDb database. So do I need to install a new image from a USB stick or something?

oops we crossed, you never flash that box from USB unless its broken. IMDB did not work with 5.4.

The plugins that appear onscreen are already in the box.

To test that your internet do this menu, plugins, press green and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Change that Sky Blue HD skin for one of the default ones ( Vix-Night -1080 ) .The Blue Sky skin clashes.

the image in box is Vix 5.4

Blimey, I don't fancy doing a clean install. So, if I do an update will that bring me up to the latest version without any problems do you think?

• Advertisement

not needed

Post edited by swoofer on

Well I tried the first plugin on the list which was crossepg so I just assumed there was still some issue with the network connection when it came back with an error.

ok when you go to plugins and press green it will download a list, here is a pic,that proves box is connected to the internet. Dont try to downlaod anything.

When you update the box you keep the image you have already as a backup and put the new image on a different partition. Its like having 4 different boxes. here is a pic but you need the internet.

Ok here is the result when I use the green button on the plugins

And if I use the update button I get this message...

PS I ran network test and there's an error on dhcp.

So... I set dhcp back to Yes and now I can see the plugins list as per your pic.

And the software update button brings up the following info, which I imagine is what you were explaining...

Post edited by Iceman99 on

That error on DHCP could be sky router, but now you are all good to go. Leave it at DHCP. Just make a note of IP in box and it may stay the same forever more.

Now if I was you I would pause and get to know the box a bit better, and you are not updating when you go from 5.4 to 6.4 you are flashing a brand new image, updating would be say going from 5.4.001 to 5,.4.002. And no I would not use the existing settings I would start brand new. You know quite a bit already and when you come to flash you will select a different partition and keep the old image as a precaution.

You will get all the prompts onscreen but you would need no interruptions. Did you check location of the epg??

Are you keen to update to latest version now and it says you can keep settings or are you doing it anyway?

But dont flash to where it says current? I think you know anyway but if you go menu setup down to vix then image manager, yellow button and latest will download , select 6.4 and then the top one and press OK box will guide you. juat pick a new slot and go slow. See pic but you will see 3 empty slots.

Yes the epg is stored on the HDD. I creating a backup image and see if I can run the update to 6.4

Ok so I think it went well, everything seems to be in order...

And IMDb comes up just fine.

I tip my hat to you sir for your help! 👍😎

great stuff and that skin is too old have a look at vix blue its already in box, and picons you can download from picons, i'll tell you the correct ones a little later.

box is brand new now and will fly.

one little point you may see a green blinking dot on display in the future and that tells you an updae is availble.

Finally you now have multiboot and to switch you hold poer button for a while until a menu appears.

enjoy

• Advertisement

I do have one last question. I ran some plugins which have given me Pluto tv etc, however the bouquets list doesn't have favourites anymore. Is there a way to create a custom Bouquet?

Advertisement