Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Did you scroll down or up there can be pages of bouquets. Why did you get Pluto tv. And yes you can create your own bouquet, various ways. By remote, by openwbif. I use dreamboxedit.

to openwebif just type in box IP in browser bar and hit return when it opens scroll down see add bouquet .

but favourites must be there

This is the remote way to create a custom bouquet and you may like it, while your bouquets are onscreen list press menu and a menu appears see add bouquet click on it and the rest is .. You then add channels by using remote as per usual.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Iceman99

It's all good I created a new bouquet and called it favourites. I didn't know the plugins I installed would give me Pluto tv and Rakuten tv. They work sometimes then the picture goes pink and the sound disappears. But still the new setup is working well. Thanks again 👍😎

The thing is I am intrigued how you got pluto tv and rakuten into the box? So now you can help me by telling me how to get it. Favourites are supposedly built in!! ie cant be removed!!

About the skin as its really old it may cause conflicts with new image but as you may like sky look there is a better one by kiddac. To make it work with any image you install skin components first. its says kiddac then the skin is kiddac 1080 sly-r19. Its HD and looks good. After selecting it you may need to tweak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Great he is getting there and i only use one skin Simple 1080 by Abu.

Always amazed me people move away from sky and still want to use their skin.

Yes Pluto tv and Rakuten lifted my eyelids also but how?

Haha, well if I knew how I did it I'd talk you through lol. I just basically went through the plugins and installed the first one on each list as i assumed it was the latest. I wasn't sure what each plugin did thus how I lost my favourites. It installed a bunch of foreign satellite too so I deleted each bouquet they were in.

But as I said, sometimes if I change from CSI Miami to CSI NY the sound drops out and the picture has a pink cast to it. My understanding of Pluto tv is it's Geo restricted. But the Rakuten Tv seems ok. I don't see a way to install other skins apart from the few that are in the list. I don't see the one you recommended.

• Advertisement

Ah so these are on the TV and not Zgemma H7s or are they?

Dont be loading loads of sats that your sat dish cannot aim at.

Yes plenty of Geo restricting going on

Yeah Pluto etc showed up as additional bouquets.

What sat are you scanning?

Ah i Googled it Freeview or Freesat if living in UK was the answer Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I think one of the channel lists (downloadable from the Plugins section) seems to have had some free IPTV bouquets included (such as Pluto, Rakuten etc.).

A very quick Google leads me to this forum, where there seems to be someone maintaining a list of 19e & free IPTV bouquets. Perhaps it is the one you downloaded Iceman (except directly on the box).

You are crazy, a lot of those plugins wont work with Vix!!!! Settings are actual channel satellites and as you have a fixed dish and scanned your own etc.

To get the skin you go plugins green then shared components, then skins and scroll for kiddac as above.

I am back on zgemma now and I cant see how you could get pluto via plugins!!

Do this go to plugins then press red that shows all plugins in box but in folders click each folder until u see pluto and take a pic. see my pic

And here is a pic of that new skin

• Advertisement

I have no idea tbh lol.

Before your message I had found Kiddac and installed it but it's not in the list of skins when I go to change via the user interface menu.

I have tonnes of skins now. I don't think Pluto is going to be reliable enough to use as it keeps going pink. Rakuten seems ok, but still, no idea where it came from exactly.

Yes looking at your link I did see 19.2E in list of Satalites that came in with my plugins....I think 🤔

did you install the shared components first? Not to worry about Pluto I have moved on. That old skin may hide new one. I often use Vix blue when messing as its built for Vix.

You can page down the skins look at yellow banner on side.

Yeah I did install shared components first and I've scrolled all the way around so it's not on the list for some reason.

did you try my suggestion to see the plugins you have installed, menu plugins RED button. It wont remove a plugin.

@Iceman99 if you get a change to do what swoofer mentioned above - I'm quite curious as to where the IPTV channels have come from.

I'd put money on it being in the 'Settings' section, as per your screenshot above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably whoever he got his box from just has a standard image he puts on each one before shipping and it just happens to have those plugins installed, whether they work correctly and are up to date or not. The fact that it's such an old version of OpenVIX suggests they don't maintain their images that well.

You can also install extensions from external sources in the form of IPK files so I guess that's how they were installed in the image in the first place.

EDIT: Just Google "OpenVIX rakuten plugin" and you'll find it and the Pluto one too.

I did install extensions I recall. In the pic I pulled up installed plugins and extensions perhaps they mean more to you folks than I. I bought the box from Freesat.ie in Fairview

You are nearly there go to plugins and press yellow and do a pic. And those plugins may work better in Vix 5.4😁

• Advertisement

There you go...

Post edited by Iceman99 on

and you have the sky skin loaded, looking good and i'd say that partition is nearly full now🤣 you may get conflicts. You can have a new skin every day.

On your first pic you have a skin -pli-HD that is for a different image called Open pli so dont us it with Vix.

Yeah just experimenting I'll be deleting a bunch soon.

Is there a way to set the favourites bouquet as the the one it defaults to on boot?

Yes there is a way to set that up. While on a channel in favourites and they are listed onscreen ppick the channel you want and prress menu and see 3rd line, should be No 1, click on it and thtas it, No becomes 2,

So, I only got around to looking at Iceman's info last night. My inital suspicion was correct - the ciefp-19e settings file is what led to PlutoTV, Rakuten (and others) being installed.

A little naughty as you would expect that settings file to only set up channel lists for 19e (as per the name).

While it does setup channel lists for 19e, it also add bouquets for loads of IPTV services (and I do mean loads). Some are legit (like Pluto) but there are some linear TV channels in there too, along with webcams for loads of geographical locations, some adult services, and probably most bizarrely, a movie section with links to mp4 files which start playing when you select them.

I can also confirm that it clears the Favourites bouquet. In fact, it will wipe all your bouquets.

Yes there are many settings for sats and they all mention what sats they use underneath be it one or 2 or loads of preset.

If your dish can only get 2 sats all other sats listed channels will be greyed out = not usable..

Never used Ciefs but used Vhannibal for quad.

Adding any new setting file will always update your previous list on box unless your doing it on a spare slot ? With a different image.

Yep, I am aware. I have used settings previously with my multisat setup, and they can be quite handy to be fair.

However, the Ciefs settings files give no warning that they also come with a lot of IPTV bouquets. When Iceman said that they had downloaded some plugins and IPTV appeared, I had a hunch that it must have come from a settings file. This just proves it.

For the record, the non-IPTV sat lists that Ciefs provides aren't great.

Is it possible to setup shortcuts to apps such as YouTube, Netflix etc within the menus? Or is that wishful thinking? 🤔

• Advertisement

I believe there are ipk files (basically apps) for Netflix and YouTube, but you'll have to find them on the web and upload to your box as they are not in the plugins list (from memory).

Honestly though, you're better off not. Those apps will be compromised versions of the real thing. You're better off getting a cheap Google TV (or similar) and just using that for YouTube/Netflix/whatever.

Advertisement