Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

" A new issue I have is that I'm not getting any channels when I scan. My signal finder is showing decent signal on both satellite tuners. I run an automatic scan and it shows lots of channels being found but then when I go to EPG the "last scanned" bouquet is empty. Any ideas?" Yes

When you do an automatic scan you should get an options menu, clear before scan and so on, for each tuner you have to say yes or no and you may have no against Tuner A but I never use automatic scan as it buggers up ABM and its quite possible you only get a last scanned bouquet when you scan an individual transponder.

So as you have done an automatic scan go to say BBC1 HD and arrow up and see RED button at bottom of screen All, THAT MEANS if you select it it will show you ALL the channels on the box in Alpha order. However you don't say the image or skin, at the moment mine is Openatv 6.4 and slyk r19 skin.

If you say the channels you cant get I will show you a better way to get them and not use automatic scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

They might already be there but not on your channel list.

Try This.

Press the TV Button on your remote control

Press the Yellow Button for Providers

Select BSkyB

Using the side arrows either side of the OK button on your remote control, scroll up or down to the channel you are missing.

When you have found and it is highlighted ( make sure there is a sort of brown colour after it to ensure it transmitting )

Press Menu and you will see a list of options

Select Add To Bouquets

Select all Channels

Your missing channels will be now be on the bottom of your channel list and epg grid list

If the above dosen't work the frequency for BBC1 London and BBC 4 are the same below

Menu--setup--tuners and scanners-- manual scan

Type of scan should be User Defined Scan

Enter the info in the above attachment and search

When your channels are found, exit back to tv.

THEN press the TV BUTTON on your remote control and scroll down to Last Scanned folder

Your missing channels should be stored there.

Scroll to the channel you wish to add to your channel list

Press Menu and you will see a list of options

Select Add To Bouquets

Select all Channels

Your missing channels will be now be on the bottom of your channel list and epg grid list

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If anyone is in the market for a box, I have an ad up for mine on adverts.

http://www.adverts.ie/32690211

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to follow up on this yet. Will do and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Why are you going to EPG as i go to Bouquets to find my channels .

Have you setup your EPG to save to HDD or USB.

Was it an Automatic Scan under AutoBouquetsMaker to give you your lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

Is there a way to delete multiple recordings in one fell swoop or do they have to be deleted individually one by one?

I just delete one at a time so i dont go oops for safety.

Settings might have empty trash after so many days but just never done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭wassie

Also if the recordings are contained inside a single folder, you can simply delete that folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bellie1

Deleted a few series from Timer but still recorded them . It looked like they were gone from Timer but later when go back in, there they are again. Any ideas? Openvix with blueHD skin.

What sort of timer was it recorded on Auto Timer will need to be deleted of the ones you dont want anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Note also that if you record lots of series, it's possible to automatically group them together into collections, a kind of "virtual" folder, so they don't clutter the listing.

Go into the File List, hit Menu, Settings and set "Enable automatic collections" to On. It won't affect any existing recordings but will affect future ones.

You can also set up physical folders and book marks but that's a bit more involved, and you'll have to repeat the procedure for every new series you set to record. Apart from the fact that the recordings are now in physical folders, it doesn't really have any advantages that I can see.

Well it looks like they've finally got their act together, and all the BBC radio channels are now in the right place with correct channel names etc.

Autotimer. Am I better to delete using EPG or in Timers? Have been using Timers to delete items but doesn't always work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

To delete a timer, when you press the MENU button choose TIMERS then TIMERS or AUTOTIMERS as required and delete from there using the appropriate coloured button. Normal timers are one-off events but autotimers repeat until you change/delete them. An autotimer will creat a new entry under timers if it has found a match. Perhaps that is why you deleted one instance of a timer but it came back again because the autotimer was still in place.

Ah ok, so autotimer programs are stored separately. I was just using the Timers button on the remote. Thanks

By the way, if you long press the Timer button you'll get into the Autotimers list. Saves going through the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Iceman99

Hi All,

Using the Zgemma h7s box can it record one satalite channel while watching another. I can't get mine to do.

TIA

Yes provided it has 2 working satellite connections, 1 for watching while the other is recording.

Thanks Gerry, by that I assume you mean two cables coming from the dish as per sky plus?

• Advertisement

Yes same as sky + boxes

The dish I have did have two cables coming in for sky plus back in the day, That extra cable was taken by the guy who moved the dish before I had a zgemma h7s box. But if I had the extra cable coming in I don't see a port for it on the box.

Look at the socket for the aerial and to the left of that you will see 2 connections that take screw ins, unless your box is not a zgemma, look closely and it says Tuner A/B

underneath.

The best ones to use are Sky UK and SAORVIEW, Freeview is the UK Aerial service so you must be near a reception area. I use London HD and FTA only. That should get the lot but I also hide sections like ADULT to make it more manageable.

I never use FREESAT as it misses channels

This is on Openvix 6.4

Ah yes thanks I found it. I really wish I had left that extra cable in place it's gonna be awkward as he'll to run again. Back when the dude moved the dish I only had a basic freesat box.

Thanks Gerry, can you pause and rewind live tv as you could with sky plus? I have hooked up another cable between dish and box and I can watch one satellite channel while watching another, I thought I could pause and rewind live TV

I think you are on Openvix and yes you can pause and rewind but as per usual you may have to tweak the settings. The pause button is below the green button and by default it should work. I assume you have a HDD installed. Try that first and just to note when you go to another channel you will get a few options.

To set it up go menu setup recordings etc, just click and follow the guide. To have a rewind you need timeshift enabled

I dont use it very much but others who do will be along to say more. Make sure your 2 tuners are configured as simple single astra 28east.

I have a hdd and I can pause live TV, but I can't seem to rewind unless it's after I have paused for a while. I thought I could maybe just rewind a live broadcast.

• Advertisement

Timeshifting is set by default to only start once you've paused once. You can set it to always start after a certain delay though.

Menu, Setup, Recordings , Playback and Timeshift, Timeshift

Automatically start timeshift after ...

Advertisement