Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options
1747576777880»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

@eam77 the download is failing (i.e. no data is being downloaded). Is your box connected to your network (and the internet)? A network test (in the network settings) would be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If box is connected and working lan connection i wonder if old image or new image and possible plugins not compatible.?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

All seems ok with a network test

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭PJtharsaile

"Just for clarity - both OpenATV and OpenVix will happily support IP
    streaming to a client. There is an enigma2 plugin for Kodi which will
    make this happen on the Pi. There are also android/iOS apps, or you can
    use WebIF."

I have used Kodi on a ZGemma — set it up for a friend with Kodi in client mode on a PC running Linux. However, I understand installing Kodi on the ZGemma is not recommended and I have enough first hand experience of Kodi causing issues on an Android TV that I didn't reinstall it after an upgrade to 6.6. I was looking for something else.

I haven't yet got the WebIF working seamlessly. I'm using Linux Mint and the default app, Celluloid (a version of mpv), doesn't stream M3U8 files right away. I've tried some browser extensions but without yet getting to the bottom of what's needed; haven't really had time for it yet. Meanwhile, I use Android apps (by Christian Fees) on a tablet with no issues, as well as LibreElec in both client and server mode. To be clear I'm looking for an alternative to Kodi that can stream to a raspberry pi client.

The tuner fallback info is interesting and news; thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Menu - information - About will show the details of your image in use.

Advertisement