Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Brilliant, that has worked. I've scanned Tuner C but all the channels are not showing. Tried Threerock and Kippure but some of the channels are missing from Saorview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭greasepalm

First of all what aerial are you using as Ireland i think has 3 or 4 all with different frequencies tipped

That is my ABM bouquet of Saorview for Dublin .

If close to transmitter an indoor aerial should work but also got an outside aerial and one in Attic years ago.

https://saorview.ie/en/check-coverage/

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭joeirish

HI, I can't find th answer but maybe this has already been discussed. I've lost More 4 on the list of channels. It comes up as <N/A> on the list of channels. It also shows DVB Service insted of More4 on the channel identifier. More4+1 is still there though. On TG4 the the channel shows at <N/A>. With all of these there is no EPG showing. I've included some screenshots

These may be two different issues. One is where the channel identifier has disappeared but I can still see the programmes (TG4). And the other is that the channel has disappeared altogether (More4 or 16 in the list in the second screenshot).

I do wonder if your using an old channel list and not using ABM ?

Sometimes channel movement happens and your box has not updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

Joe you should say image and skin can make things a lot easier. But what you can do is update providers and see if that works go menu setup tuners & scanning , select autbouquetmaker, then down to update provider files press ok and wait. If that works you can run ABM after you have configured it as in post 2334 but your channels are in favourites so you will have to add back in the missing ones and delete the old. Or you can run ABM regardless but …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Sorry for jumping in. I tried what you suggested and what I'm getting is incompatible versions 3.3>3.4.

I'm using version 6.3.007 inage on vix.

I did notice some channels not working over the weekend so tuned them manually back in.

TIA

Thanks for the reply. So i've got image 6.4.011 and the skin is Simple_Ten_Eighty. I'll have a go at what you suggested and let you know how I get on. There are some differences as to how I have my system set up. Here's my ABM Providers screen - not sure if the differences are significant I guess it's how mine has been set up. Maybe you can let me know? Also screenshot of my Hide sections which again is different to the photo you posted. I guess the differences are due to how my system was set up. Cheers.

Yes that's what happens and its vix's way of encourgaing people to upgrade to latest version of umage, its on 6.6 now but that is too new and dodgy. I stay one step behind and on 6.5 but if your happy and it works stay with 6.3.

I am on older image version and also get that message but everything works ok , i have not made my own favourites and just use the bouquets.

I also have Sky Uk also as it has a few missing channels not on freesat.

If channels work in normal bouquets means they have updated but your list has not been touched.

You are using Freesat UK and I never use that. I use sky UK and select London HD so BBC1 is London. I've swiitched to your skin and this is the sky uk settings , SKY UK YES. REGION LONDON FTA YES, CREATE MAIN YES, CREAT SECTIONS YES, CREATE HD YES and always have swap channels as yes then you get HD version.

• Advertisement

Thanks again. I think this was how it was originally set up when I bought the box. I have no memory of doing anything with that part of the system. So I've changed my settings to be what you suggested. Thanks.

Thanks for all the help, seems to b e OK again now. All the EPG slots are correct and working. But I've realised that I need a tutorial on EPG/CrossEPG. Can anybody point me in the right direction. Thanks.

No you dont need Crossepg anymore, what you use now is opentv epg downloader, just enable it and run it every 24 hours. green to save. If by chance you have a bit of epg missing, press blue button and select forced. Thats it.

Ask if you need more

I'm finding it hard to find a 12V laptop charger so Ill try one of these..

I cant find a 12V laptop charger, so I'll try a power adapter and see if I can resurrect the box

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭egal

Why do you need swap channels to be yes?

Possibly to allow old non working channels from his list to be replaced with a working one.

So trying to sort the EPG. I see what has been said a out never saving to flash but I don't seem to have the option to save it anywhere else. What should I do to save to hdd? Thanks.

You need to make sure your hdd or usb is seen and is installed correctly as ext4 and then you should be able to change where epg is going to

have you a HARD DRIVE INSTALLED? If not have you got a USB stick? How long have you had the box.

Also with banner on epg location use right arrow to toggle and it should show HDD or usb but if nothing then you have to act.

• Advertisement

egal I did explain Swap changes the SD version to the HD version.

Ok sorted again. The box had lost the link to the HDD so I did the usual of deep standby and then powered off for a few minutes and now all OK and EPG location is /media/hdd

Thanks. How do I disable crosspeg. Also at what point to I press the blue button as some of the epg is missing.

You can try the blue button at anytime so try it as soon as you can and if epg is still missing tell me the channels but if loads just say a few. For crossepg, select it, configure and at scheduled download toggle until it says disabled green to save then exit.

Where is opentv epg downloader in the plugins list? I can't seem to see it?I can see opentvzapper alright. TIA

OpenTV EPG downlaoder comes bundled with Vix so go menu setup, epg, look near bottom or may be over the page, if its not there …

Thanks. i disabled crosspeg. Blue button seems to Add Auto Timer? But maybe I need to find am empty epg slot and now they're all filled in. I'll check on the blue button if there are any blanks in the future.

press blue button when screen is just showing picture and come back got one more bit

Thanks Swoofer! Will I delete crossepg from my plugins?

• Advertisement

no just keep it as they say you never know. with coloured buttons there are 2 functions a short press and a long press so if you press blue long you will get a different menu just exit and press short.

Post edited by swoofer on

Advertisement