Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

1767778798082»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks for your help guys. I've set Autobouqetmaker to update at 1am and the last couple of mornings I've been getting the tuning has failed on the C tuner (1st photo).

If someone is in South Dublin with the same box can they post what settings they have for Saorview…just to compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭ArrBee

One of the more knowledgable lads can row in here, but I think there may be an option to change the mounting of storage between "mount when needed" and "mount when booting" (possibly this only applies to network storage)
    If you hadn't been using the HDD since the last boot, maybe it wasn't appearing as an option in for the EPG as it wasn't mounted??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Schorpio

From your first picture it looks like ABM is configured for Freeview in the UK, not Saorview. That's why it's failing, it's looking for a Freeview signal and not finding it.

You need to change it to Saorview in the ABM settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

That pic is for Freeview UK and that is UK terrestial. You wont get that in Dublin. So saY no in ABM. The second pic is only showing signal finder has no bearing on ABM. Make your ABM for saorview look like pic green to save.

I have a dual SAORVIEW tuner so will look a bit different.

In all honesty you dont need Saorview in ABM the changes are so few its a waste of time and one could say the same for the Sat channels. All the changes are about done now.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I am having an issue with timer recordings on my box for a while now, only way i have found to solve it is to set a timer for the program prior to the one i want to record and set it as zap only instead of record. I am on Openvix 6.5.003 image. Tuner C dvbt never fail its always tuner B which is my astra 28.2 channels as i use tuner A with my motorised dish. It worked flawlessly since i bought the box until about 6 months ago.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

First check tuner is getting a signal from 28.2 ?

When i do a timer on the channel i am on i use the Red Button as that gives me 7 days EPG and can select Blue button for Auto Timer or Green Button for a set program.

Set a timer on box when your there to check it to see if its working as i can see it on WEBIF on laptop.

Also check it is going to your device and is in EXT4.

What are you using to record on?

Thanks greasepalm, No issue with tuner getting a signal, internal hd being used to record on. How do i check if it is ext 4? It seems hit and miss as far as i can recall. Do i need to look at openwebif just before and as a timed recording time elapses? Is there a way to clear cache or anything similar on linux?

A recording does appear in the recordings list after the event but with 0mins.

I am very happy with my setup on Openvix outside of this niggly issue

Post edited by downwiththatsor on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Is the time set correctly on the box? No summer time/winter time issue?

Menu -Setup - Vix - Mount manager - It should show your hdd mounted in correct format to record.

Also as said make sure time is correct on front of box and for recordings.

After you view the recordings you need to delete them + go to the Deleted items folder and empty one by one all thats in there to free up space on the hdd.

Wonder was program moved as something else was playing instead so 0 mins as did not record.

• Advertisement

Ext4 confirmed and no issue with box time. I sometimes search for programmes to record using the epg search function on openwebif, maybe i am adding the timer to an epg item that does not have a tuneable channel i.e the frequency has changed. Maybe i need to run or fiddle with AutoBouquetsMaker to delete old channels or something perhaps?

Not 100% sure how i have it setup. I will try and just add timers using the remote on known channels with a signal to see if that is the issue. Many thanks for the suggestions

I routinely delete recordings then delete then from the deleted folder to free up space btw.

Quite possible as my EPG has many blank sections and if i go for that channel =No picture.

That is why i GO to that channel and setup recordings to that.

Is your list old or channel list gets updated nightly unless your using your own list which is not updated?

Old channel list which i update manually i am afraid, i must look in to getting ABM set up to update it automatically overnight as that must be the issue so no doubt, i.e. epg but blank channel.

Any suggestions as how to configure this are welcome, Tuner A is satellite motor so not worried about this, tuner B is Astra 28.2 and C is DVBT.

One of the reasons i use Freesat + Sky is other channels listed to view.

Box upstairs is on London ITV and this one is on BBC.

Just use ABM for 28.2 set in your providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭redoctober

Hi guys,

If a channel changes transponder/frequency, should the box automatically get it? Is there a way to do this? I've had it a lot over the past six months where channels have disappeared and I've had to find the new frequency and retune. Thanks.

If you have Autobouquetsmaker to run in the early morning then yes it will update and remove any dead channels.

If you have your own list it wont get updated and you need to move channels over after non working ones are deleted

Thanks. So, I have a favourite bouquet so that wont' get updated then? Will the updates be automatically in other bouquets? There were preset ones like UK channels, entertainment etc. If they are updated that's fine. It's just a pain to go tuning channels as there seem to be a lot of changes lately. I'll check those other bouquets tonight.

Other bouquets will update fine .

Your chosen bouquet will not .

I never bothered to make my own favourites and just used the standard ones but do forget on what one its on.

Many channels either moved or stopped like sd versions and leaving the hd instead.

If your box was only sd via scart many would be blank.

Had a look at other bouquets last night. They seem to have lost a lot of channels too. Is there any way around having to manually tune in when a channel disappears?

If you want to ensure you have the channels that change frequency or just stop broadcasting you configure abm to suit your needs and have it run every night, or choose a day, or run it manually when required. To make bouquets look tidier you can hide sections as well. Then when a channel in favourites stops working you use the red button when it says all while you are on the non wprking channel and a llst of channels will appear including the chennel that changed parameters. You enable move mode place it next to non wrokng channel and then remove old version.

Thats how its done. i'll get the post that shows how to configure in a mo. If confused say so.

Its this one

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/122307330/#Comment_122307330

With an old skin

• Advertisement

Have a look here as if missing might be dead channels as Kingofsats have itemised their channels.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php.

What channels have you not working as we can check.

Are you sure you ran ABM scan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey all, just looking for a little bit of help. I have a ZGemma H7S which has spent at least 18 months in the attic not being used (moved house). My buddy also has one, and it's died, so I told him I'd bring mine down to him so he can use it. The issue is that he is internet deprived at the moment (it's a new house), so I wanted to set up and install everything needed now and then bring it with me.

The issue I see is that the image used (pure2) is super old version. I downloaded a new version and stuck it onto a usb stick but the box wouldn't show flash when turning it on no matter what I do, it always skipped past and booted.

1. So 2 questions:
      Is there an obvious step I am missing to get the box to flash? I have put USB into the back and press and hold that little button on front when switching it on.
    2. Is there an alternative way to get the image from my laptop onto the box (FTP?) and then upgrade from there?

Separately, I have a random TPLink wifi dongle. Is there a way to get this to work on the box? That way he could hotspot from his phone to get internet access on the box?

Might be a bad usb stick , Kingston , Cruzer , Integral 8gb work.

E2 boxes are fussy on what usb sticks are used and any other usb devices removed first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Turns out it was more simple than that, just had wrong image type. Got that sorted. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the wireless dongle working so left that be.

Pure E2 is a poorly supported image and can be tricky to use but people like the KODI look. The box has 4 slots and you can have 3 more images. The easiest image to use is Vix and does provide a long list of USB wi fi dongle drivers. If you state the full name of the dongle ie model/version I will have a look for you. the drivers are usually shown for chipset.

From memory linuxsat is a good place for Pure e2.

Thanks. Pretty sure ABM is set up to run regularly. I will check out the shortcuts and link. Thanks.

There've been quite a few lately. Most recent was Sky Arts was just gone. Before that Blaze which I didn't manage to get back.

Sky arts not gone as it moved.

Blaze is still there

I do wonder if ABM providers need an update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

I have wondered this too, I had to manually scan a few moves in the last few months as weren't showing in any of the ABM bouquets.

• Advertisement

ABM if left to auto update will add and remove channels with every scan.

Bookmark that previous link on pc and if you lose a channel it will show in RED as only moved.

Advertisement