Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eSIM plans in Ireland for Microsoft Surface Pro (the LTE model)

Options
  • 09-04-2019 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Wondering about eSIM plan availability in Ireland.

In Australia, when I search for available eSIM services on a Microsoft Surface Pro (the eSIM model) there are 3 results:
    * GigSky World Mobile Data
    * Ubigi
    * Telstra

The latter is the local 'biggie'. I had never heard of the first two, but as well as being available in Australia they both offer eSIM plans for use in Ireland.

I couldn't find which network they use in Ireland. Does anyone know which network support eSIMs in laptops like the Surface Pro?

Very curious to know if anyone on here has a laptop with an eSIM - what providers do you see if you search for available providers using your eSIM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No networks here issue them.

You'd roam on whatever roaming partner they use. You can usually look this up on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

Thanks Ed_E.

I've since found that Ubigi have partnered with Meteor (now Eir?) but I can't find which network GigSky are with.

It's important to me because where I'm going in Ireland only has Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

GigSky appear to be iPhone only so not sure it matters.

Advertisement