Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Strategy

• 09-04-2019 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a quick bit of advice from more experienced members.

I'm 32 and have started to seriously look at my pension over the past year. Currently have about 10% of my gross going into a fund between me and my employer. I plan to incrementally increase this as my life dictates/allows and would like to have a solid base in my mid to late 30's and then ramp it up.

I've placed my current fund into the following strategy - 70% Diversified High Growth (70% Equities - remaining Bonds & Eq Alternatives) and 30% indexed 10 Year Bond Fund.

At this stage, should I be worried about diversifying - or Should I just throw it all into the High Risk/Reward fund and leave it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

All into the highest risk/reward fund. It will bounce around a lot and expect shocks. But, over the long term, it should offer the highest return. Throughout you 40's start lowering you overall risk exposure with an aim to be predominantly low risk going in to you 50's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get proper advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Get proper advice.

K

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

In reality you have only about 50% in equities, which is way too low at your age. At a minimum you should think about dropping the bond index and moving it to the high growth fund, so you have at least 70% equities. Can't comment on whether the high growth fund is right for you or not.

Advertisement