Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost/stolen phone switched off

• 09-04-2019 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to switch on the phone remotely

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

I highly doubt that's possible, unless maybe you have NSA skillz.

I reported to Luas an issue with possible thieves on Green line Luas last Friday but never heard back. Watch your belongings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

I highly doubt that's possible, unless maybe you have NSA skillz.

I reported to Luas an issue with possible thieves on Green line Luas last Friday but never heard back. Watch your belongings.

Phone lost in new York. It has not been turned on since since Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Im not sure it works turning on the phone but with the Android find my phone - https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0 it will ring at full volume. Might be worth a try.

GBX wrote: »
    Im not sure it works turning on the phone but with the Android find my phone - https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0 it will ring at full volume. Might be worth a try.

Phone seems to be turned off so that isn't working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Unfortunately there's not much you can do without the phone powered on then. Keep trying it to see if somebody tries to use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

cena wrote: »
    Phone seems to be turned off so that isn't working

At this stage any smartphone battery is almost definitely run flat.

If the phone wasn't found and switched off by someone I'd doubt it's going to power on now without someone finding it and recharging it first.

At this stage any smartphone battery is almost definitely run flat.

If the phone wasn't found and switched off by someone I'd doubt it's going to power on now without someone finding it and recharging it first.
    It was a full battery. Not holding onto much hope in finding it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Can call the network and have your IMEI number blocked? Although it could still work in the U.S I guess if someone picked it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

It probably doesn't matter, but what phone was it?

Nokia 8

• Advertisement
Advertisement