Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB rate reduction

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

earl28 wrote: »
    I took out my mortgage last year with Haven on the 2.95% variable rate for LTV of 50% - 80%. Going to make a lump sum payment shortly that will me get below 50% LTV.

Question I have is, once under 50% LTV can I get a valuation and move to the <=50% LTV variable rate (2.75%) or am I stuck on the 50% - 80% variable rate that I qualified for when taking out the mortgage?

You can move rate.

Here is the info

https://www.havenmortgages.ie/mortgage-centre/ltv-rate-change

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭sk8board

earl28 wrote: »
    I took out my mortgage last year with Haven on the 2.95% variable rate for LTV of 50% - 80%. Going to make a lump sum payment shortly that will me get below 50% LTV.

Question I have is, once under 50% LTV can I get a valuation and move to the <=50% LTV variable rate (2.75%) or am I stuck on the 50% - 80% variable rate that I qualified for when taking out the mortgage?

In my case AIB sent a letter about a month ago that there was a 2.75% variable rate for LTV <50% available to me, just to send in a €150 accredited valuation and a form.
    Awaiting the valuation now to move. Current rate is 3.15% variable.
    Looking at bonkers, that 2.75% rate is the best variable out there.

Advertisement