Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 1000D Slow Shutter Release

Options
  • 09-04-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

My 1000D has become slow in shutter release, it is only a split second between pressing the button and taking the shot but action photos have now become very difficult.

Any suggestions for a remedy please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is there noise reduction enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Does the problem still occur if you put the camera in full automatic mode and take photographs outside in daylight?

Did you take the lens cap off? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

OldGoat wrote: »
    Does the problem still occur if you put the camera in full automatic mode and take photographs outside in daylight?

Did you take the lens cap off? :)

Yes and yes:p

I have tried different settings but when taking an action shot, there is now a split second delay between pressing the button and the shutter snapping so the shot is missed.

I have set the ISO to 1/4000 in the TV setting and will see if that makes a difference at the weekend, I normally use the sports setting for action shots.

GBX wrote: »
    Is there noise reduction enabled?

No idea, how can I check this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What focusing are you set to? Does this happen when you have manual focusing set?

• Advertisement

Check this: (Hopefully makes sense)

C.Fn-4 High ISO speed noise reduction
    0: Off
    1: On
    Reduces the noise generated in the image. Although noise reduction is
    applied at all ISO speeds, it is particularly effective at high ISO speeds.
    At low ISO speeds, the noise in the shadow areas is further reduced

What focusing are you set to? Does this happen when you have manual focusing set?

I have the Af and stabilizer both switched on (Canon 18-200 lens), I will try MF at the weekend to see if that makes a difference. The delay only started recently, so I am at a loss because I did not change any settings. Thankfully I have a 100D also and that is still working as it should but some times I like the extra weight of the 1000D.

Check this: (Hopefully makes sense)

C.Fn-4 High ISO speed noise reduction
    0: Off
    1: On
    Reduces the noise generated in the image. Although noise reduction is
    applied at all ISO speeds, it is particularly effective at high ISO speeds.
    At low ISO speeds, the noise in the shadow areas is further reduced

I now know how the Brits feel when they hear Europeans talk of Brexit...
    Where is the "C" function?

No idea - I used the force ... well Google. Just trying to help out. (Nikon user here ... no idea about Canons) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Switch to M, if its instant you've a focusing delay.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Switch to M, if its instant you've a focusing delay.

Will do, thank you.

No idea - I used the force ... well Google. Just trying to help out. (Nikon user here ... no idea about Canons) :D

I tried Google too but could not find a fix, when it started delaying at the weekend I missed some super potential shots and was very tempted to use the "force" (i.e. bounce it off the ground with force :D)

Thought it might be a bad connection between the lens and body so took it off and re-fitted but no joy. Will continue with trial and error until I stumble across a fix I suppose.:confused:

Could you post an image along with the EXIF data so we can see if there is anything obvious you may have overlooked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 N30

Any results for this problem?
    Mere coincidence that I have exactly the same problem, same model Canon 1000d and decided to look up Boards this evening in the hope there may be an answer.
    I have tried all the above suggestions and no success, I would appreciate any more suggestions

OldGoat wrote: »
    Could you post an image along with the EXIF data so we can see if there is anything obvious you may have overlooked?

Sorry for the delay but I missed the update.

I will be taking some snaps this weekend so will see how they come out. I have been swapping the lenses between the 1000D and 100D and none the wiser so will try the Rebel this weekend also to try and see for certain is it the lens or the camera. What is EXIF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

breakemall wrote: »
    What is EXIF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif - loads of extra info that's (usually) saved with original image file. Depending on what software you use to process and/or resize your photos, you may have to deliberately check a "save EXIF data" for it to be kept in the file, although the default is usually the reverse.

If you're using the Canon Digital Photo Professional software, it's all the data that appears in the "info" pane.

Here's a link to a Drag&Drop EXIF tool that might help.
    http://metapicz.com/#landing

Advertisement