Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Mrs Hinch ** Cleaning Tips + Products

Options
  • 09-04-2019 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Morning Fellow Hinchers,

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of you out there, even though I couldn't find a proper thread so I thought I would create one.

I was hoping that other Hinchers could post their cleaning tips, where to find the most popular Zoflora, M Cloth (Minkeh) and other popular cleaning products.

I can honestly say that I cleaned my house for so long at the weekend that my arms are actually hurting me this morning, my husband has the fear that I'm nesting but that is so NOT the case :)

Really hope other people share the tips and product locations etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 willywolly

Anyone know where to buy the "Pink Stuff" @ South Dublin ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

willywolly wrote: »
    Anyone know where to buy the "Pink Stuff" @ South Dublin ?

We got some the other day.
    I'll check with herself where it was picked up.

Edit - The Pound Shop, Moore Street, D1

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

What is the Zoflora used for? I've just joined her fb page!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

highly1111 wrote: »
    What is the Zoflora used for? I've just joined her fb page!!

Mix with water.
    Anti BAC spray and freshener combined.
    I use it to clean inside the car, spray on car mats etc

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Super Valu have now started stocking Minkehs - I bought a couple from Minky directly months and months back (when Mrs H was on about 40k followers - I was an early adopter of the cleaning revolution, actually I have just always loved cleaning my house!:cool:) and I barely use them - I find them big and awkward and I'm just more of a microfibre cloth gal!

Re Zoflora - again, i have been using Zoflora around the house for years, long before Mrs Hinch made it trendy. It used to be available in Dealz but Dealz/Poundland have stopped stocking it in recent months and apparently are bringing out their own version called 'Flowora'! Originally I thought this was an April Fools joke but alas it seems to be legit!

Where you can get Zoflora now - I've seen 500ml bottles of Linen Fresh in my local Tesco, Aldi get them in in special buys from time to time (usually 250ml bottles), I pick up a few in Home Bargains / B&M whenever I'm up north but Home Savers also stock in ROI. The Range carry a stock, as do Iceland and Mr Price. Dunnes Stores have had the limited edition Festive Fireside/ Winter Morning in stock for ages now. I'm a bit of a Zoflo collector - I fear I would be judged if you saw my collection! :o

Re The Pink Stuff - Eurogiant has started carrying a lot of the Stardrops range including my faves TPS and the White Vinegar spray - if you see the Pink Stuff, stock up! I use it on my hob, my oven, to get saucepans or frying pans shining again. Someone asked me to describe it - it's like the pink stuff in Brillo pads but in paste form. I was wary of the hype but I absolutely love it now.

There are loads of other Mrs Hinch recommendations that I have tried but I fear this post is too long already! OP hope it was helpful and answered your questions

• Advertisement

Thank you very much for the response !!

Yes I need to stock up on the Pink Stuff when I get my hands on it.

I think my husband will think I have lost the plot when I return home later after my Zoflora find today. I got 3 new bottles (Summer Bouquet + Bouquet + Sweetpea) I already have Lavender + Rose + Fresh Linen at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

E-cloths are great, you can buy them in TK Maxx, Bar Keepers Friend also in TK Maxx is amazing for stains, follow instructions though coz it's strong.
    I've got the Pink Stuff in Dealz, I think it's only ok it's I find it a bit messy to use.
    Favourite zoflora is mountain air and country garden, if there's a Homesavers near you they stock it, I'm also finding it hard to get lately!
    Oh Scrub Daddy's are in Dunnes, they're brilliant for cleaning bathroom and kitchen sink.
    Other favourites are Cif Power and Shine kitchen, Elbow Grease (in Dealz with the car stuff!) and don't underestimate brillo pads and good old washing up liquid and hot water 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve been looking for the pink stuff lately, but can’t get my hands on it!
    I’m delighted with my scrub daddy, on special in dunnes this week.
    I’ve been putting zoflora in the toilet brush, it smells delightful! I’ve only used linen fresh so far, but I’m delighted with it, it’s a lovely fresh smell!
    I really want one of those lovely white boxes for beside my toilet, but Argos is always sold out.

I also bought a metal cleaner called “peek” online the other day, recommended, I think, by littlemissmops rather than Mrs hinch, because I’ve got an awful build up of limescals on the sink in my utility, but I have yet to use it!

When did life become this exciting, eh?

I know I thought id never see the day where I was actually looking forward to cleaning. I work full time and have two children so its impossible to get anything done in the evenings so I always try get stuck into the house on a Saturday morning.

I think its great hearing other people tips and product recommendations so keep them coming folks :)

I must check out this "Scrub Daddy".

Oh I picked up the "Elbow Grease" in Dealz on Saturday morning and OMG its fantastic !!! Best €1.50 spent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What is this fresh hell of cleaning please?

I would hazard a guess it is mostly females who follow this person, would you think that's correct?

Housework and cleaning, whilst necessary is not a religion either. Anyway, best of luck to all.

Maybe not a "religion" but if anything its good for your mental health :)

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep your home nice and sparkly clean and having some fun with people along the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If someone from here wants to come and tackle my skirting boards, I’m open to offers :)

It’s an interesting phenomenon to see emerging lately. There have always been house proud people, but lately it seems to have scaled new heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

dudara wrote: »
    If someone from here wants to come and tackle my skirting boards, I’m open to offers :)

It’s an interesting phenomenon to see emerging lately. There have always been house proud people, but lately it seems to have scaled new heights.

It really has gone a bit crazy. I’m definitely Cleaning things I never used even notice, like the plug holes in my kitchen sink! I must say though, I do shudder a bit when I see Mrs hinch going a bit mad with the disinfectant sprays, It has to be bad for the environment, if even a fraction of her insta followers are following suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Great Thread....I.m not following her on Instagram, but I saw that her book is due out. I.m going to buy it.
    What does she say about cleaning shower doors...I must clean mine next week...?? Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Great Thread....I.m not following her on Instagram, but I saw that her book is due out. I.m going to buy it.
    What does she say about cleaning shower doors...I must clean mine next week...?? Thanks...

She was doing a book signing in the big smoke today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's currently half price on Amazon. I've started following her on Instagram and am amazed at the volume of products she uses but I've ordered the book to see if she has the power to excite me about cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better
    To paint a picture, or write a letter,
    Bake a cake, or plant a seed;
    Ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
    With rivers to swim, and mountains to climb;
    Music to hear, and books to read;
    Friends to cherish, and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there
    With the sun in your eyes, and the wind in your hair;
    A flutter of snow, a shower of rain,
    This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
    Old age will come and it's not kind.
    And when you go (and go you must)
    You, yourself, will make more dust.

Rose Milligan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Caranica wrote: »
    It's currently half price on Amazon. I've started following her on Instagram and am amazed at the volume of products she uses but I've ordered the book to see if she has the power to excite me about cleaning.

Yes, I followed and swiftly unfollowed seeing the sheer volume of cleaning stuff too. (and the grey and beige bummed me out).

This is the girly equivalent of Jordan Peterson Clean your room I think... no harm, bar the consumerism.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I keep a small squidgee (??) in the shower that I quickly run over the doors after every shower. Keeps down the need for deep cleaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I prefer to save the money on loads of cleaning products and the book and pay for the cleaner. I have no desire to follow her or Kondo or anyone else. And I'm perfectly happy in a house that's a bit messy.

Is it just me or is this stuff very popular among hairdressers and beauticians?

Advertisement