Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surveyor / engineer to produce map of house for PRAI

• 09-04-2019 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a surveyor/engineer to produce map of a house, suitable for the Land Registry / PRAI.

House is in Sligo town.

I looked up the SCSI, and the only building surveyor in Co. Sligo is in Ballymote.

https://scsirelandportal.microsoftcrmportals.com/find-a-surveyor/

Surely there are more surveyors/engineers?

Maybe I am searching for the wrong role?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You dont necessarily need a surveyor or an engineer. An architect will do this or for better value possibly an architectural technician is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I don't think the map needs to be drawn, it can be printed off.

But it needs to have co-ordinates on it, I think??

Suitable for PRAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Geuze wrote: »
    I don't think the map needs to be drawn, it can be printed off.

But it needs to have co-ordinates on it, I think??

Suitable for PRAI.

Basically what is needed is a land registry compliant map from osi which for normal sized site is €35. Engineer will buy this.
    Engineer will then mark up whatever is required. If it's to register a plot with land registry, it will involve surveying the area and plotting it on the map, outlining red and recording area etc. This work must be done by qualified person.
    Any Engineer will give you price.
    I do this work but Im too far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mickdw wrote: »
    I do this work but Im too far away.
    Ditto ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thanks, yes, that's it.

So what I'm looking for is a "consulting engineer"?

Or an SCSI member?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

I got something similar done last year by Eugene O'Neill Architects on Union St. [font=Calibri, Candara, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif]071 9161409. Eugene is very good to deal with.[/font]

Advertisement