Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White runners and skinny jeans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Slim fit and air Max trainers that what I wear, skinny isn't made for a mans frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

No general trend it just looks better. If you're wearing regular socks with shorts you kinda look ridiculous.

An opinion based on what is a general fashion trend. There's nothing to say long socks and shorts won't become a thing again, maybe the 1950s schoolboy look will be all the rage in 2040 or Lederhosen. There aren't any rules, just look at shoulder pads in the 80s for something that we laugh about now. Maybe we'll all go back to wearing an onion on our belt.
    The number of threads whinging about young lads wearing skinny jeans and pop socks/no socks, is genuinely fascinating.

The time old boys have to give out about young lads who are doing nothing wrong except wearing a fashion that old boys don't like, is amazing.

It's not confined to fashion though, it's change in general that a lot of them have a problem with. I'm sure there are plenty of older men who get upset at the idea of grown adults watching fantasy and sci-fi on TV instead of war movies and football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Young lads are becoming more effeminate. It’s equality innit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Skeleton Key

When I see those lads I just think 'gay'.

Young lads are becoming more effeminate. It’s equality innit.

Are there any hard rules about what is masculine and feminine though? I'm sure that's an ever-shifting landscape.

kowloon wrote: »
    Are there any hard rules about what is masculine and feminie

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The white runners accentuate the fake tanned ankles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

It's really not that hard to understand its a fashion trend and every epoch has their own.

You really need that explained to you!

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Whatever about skinny jeans, but I laugh when I see young lads wearing skinny tracksuit bottoms!

I can't really comment though. I used to wear doc martens, long flowery dresses and the wrong shade of Constance Carroll makeup back in the 90's :D:D

Yes.

What are they? There was some 15th century fashion in an earlier post, shall we start there? What about men wearing wigs and makeup in the 1700s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just wondering what the deal is with this trend.
    Why are skinny jeans fashionable for men.
    And those white runners/vans/sneakers.
    Why.

Genuinely don't get it.
    And guys with ankles showing with either no socks or tiny white ankle socks.
    Again why.

Each to their own etc but it immediately says something to me about that person.

Also, nose rings on women.

Some really interesting psychology there

Old man shakes fist at clouds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

As a woman in my 30s, the skinny jeans/no socks look is just an indicator that a man is too young for me!!!!

They look grand on people of a certain age.

Thats very ageist no wonder you are single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

In 30 years time the 80’s with the mullets and shoulder pads will look like the pinnacle of human achievement compared to bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

to-md_11b.jpg

Megadeth did it before it was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Just wondering what the deal is with this trend.
    Why are skinny jeans fashionable for men.
    And those white runners/vans/sneakers.
    Why.

Genuinely don't get it.
    And guys with ankles showing with either no socks or tiny white ankle socks.
    Again why.

Each to their own etc but it immediately says something to me about that person.

Also, nose rings on women.

Some really interesting psychology there

Not something I’d wear myself but think it looks cool in certain guys .

Gawd, we get it. You lads are massive beefcakes. Your legs are so muscly they wouldn't fit in the skinny boy jeans let alone your massive micky.

These threads are always cringy to watch. People who don't follow a fashion thinking it's clever to whinge about people who do.

Did your Dad laugh you out of the room for wearing your girly jeans? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

kowloon wrote: »
    An opinion based on what is a general fashion trend. There's nothing to say long socks and shorts won't become a thing again, maybe the 1950s schoolboy look will be all the rage in 2040 or Lederhosen. There aren't any rules, just look at shoulder pads in the 80s for something that we laugh about now. Maybe we'll all go back to wearing an onion on our belt.

It's not confined to fashion though, it's change in general that a lot of them have a problem with. I'm sure there are plenty of older men who get upset at the idea of grown adults watching fantasy and sci-fi on TV instead of war movies and football.

They never were a thing in the first place, not for a grown man anyways and any lad that has worn reg socks with shorts always has looked awkward.

And you could say the same thing for lads wearing socks with sandals; that's a time honored no no simply because you'd look ridiculous.

Fashion is subjective at the end of the day, so people can and should wear what they want, I may think you look silly but if you think you look the biz fair play and more power to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Did your Dad laugh you out of the room for wearing your girly jeans? :D

I haven't had to worry about my masculinity since I was a teenager.

It's silly when young people play the fashion police. It's sad when old boys who ought to know better do it.

They never were a thing in the first place, not for a grown man anyways and any lad that has worn reg socks with shorts always has looked awkward.

06c19b9af1462e3e958ca203f68cdbf4--lederhosen-wiedersehen.jpg
    Fashion is subjective at the end of the day, so people can and should wear what they want, I may think you look silly but if you think you look the biz fair play and more power to you.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

to-md_11b.jpg

Ah come on; there's a vast difference between tight jeans like those and feckin skinny jeans.

HTB10ix-XRVXXXXc-TXp-XXq6x-XFXXX2.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah come on; there's a vast difference between tight jeans like those and feckin skinny jeans.
    More observable ball-sacks?

Those jeans are so tight there's no room for Jesus. How do they even walk, let alone sit down in comfort?

The second pic are baggy compared to them.

Candie wrote: »
    Those jeans are so tight there's no room for Jesus. How do they even walk, let alone sit down in comfort?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

More observable ball-sacks?

Nah, you're thinking of these....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They are like legs hanging out of a nest

Kind of wish I hadn't watched that!

I haven't had to worry about my masculinity since I was a teenager.

It's silly when young people play the fashion police. It's sad when old boys who ought to know better do it.

Ah lighten up dry balls.

Candie wrote: »

There's no room for Jesus when you're playing the devil's music.

I remember reading something funny about Judas Priest one time. They used to wear jeans so tight during the 80's that they needed help getting on stage.

There's no room for Jesus when you're playing the devil's music.

I remember reading something funny about Judas Priest one time. They used to wear jeans so tight during the 80's that they needed help getting on stage.

I just don't understand how they could function in what must have been very uncomfortable clothing.

The look is pure 80's/90's though, huge hair, high-top prison white sneakers, and jeans so tight they probably had to lie flat to do the zip up. It obviously takes a great deal of effort and thought to look like you don't care what you look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

skin tight jeans on blokes look utterly ridiculous on a grand scale, a fashion horror show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

477466.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Lads when you buy your jeans in the girls section does it not make you take a moment to think "what the fcuk am I doing"?
    Bonus points for the 2 knees torn out of them. I said to my nephew a while back....
    Me : Did you buy the jeans like that, with the 2 knees torn out of them?
    Him : Yeah, sure that's the fashion
    Me : Would you buy a jacket with the sleeves all torn and frayed?
    Him : No, sure why would I do that?

Maybe it's just me getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What's the suggestion that only young people can critique fashion about?

And I didn't like the tight tight pants the first time round when the mods wore them. Well first time round for me anyway. Bring back the flares with the patterned inserts, and big hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

People who wear them jeans and trainers are geordie shore wannabe’s , i know 5 guys like this personally , each of them share clothes , use eye liner to darken their eyebrows and sideburns and ghd their hair ffs , and flourescent white teeth that glow in the dark , wouldnt be surprised if they bumming each other , to look at your gaydar would be off the scale

Each to their own tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

It's like those big glasses that I used to wear back in 1990 as a 12 year old kid that were FUCKING HORRENDOUS!!
    and now all the young people are wearing them !

Jaysus, I don't know, I'm glad I'm old...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Nah, you're thinking of these....

In pain laughing here!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

TomSweeney wrote: »
    In pain laughing here!! :D

Amazing clip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Fair amount of auld fellas in here waving their canes at young people. Embarrassing.

And they probably wore pinstripe denim themselves back in the day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Men aren't men anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Skinny or slim with the stretch denim are actually the most comfortable of any jeans.

I look smart but I could still head kick a mofo if needed...

Ush1 wrote: »
    Skinny or slim with the stretch denim are actually the most comfortable of any jeans.

I look smart but I could still head kick a mofo if needed...

I'm sure you could lol.
    Skinny jeans are ridiculous stretch denim ha they are for chicks

I'm sure you could lol.
    Skinny jeans are ridiculous stretch denim ha they are for chicks

Why? I bought them in the mens section in Penneys. I need the stretch for my oversized genitalia. Plus the wife seems to like them.

Why? I bought them in the mens section in Penneys. I need the stretch for my oversized genitalia. Plus the wife seems to like them.

Stop you have me laughing out loud in work.
    Please post a picture of you in your manly skinny stretch jeans.
    I'm sure your wife loves them ha

Stop you have me laughing out loud in work.
    Please post a picture of you in your manly skinny stretch jeans.
    I'm sure your wife loves them ha

Nearly had me. Classic crafty gay guy. "Oh real men don't wear tight jeans, now post a picture of you in your tight jeans please".

Nearly had me. Classic crafty gay guy. "Oh real men don't wear tight jeans, now post a picture of you in your tight jeans please".

Your not no confident you look so cool now.
    Get a grip buy a man's pair of jeans and be a proper bloke you're Mrs will be happier, won't be embarrassed going out with a peacock in public

• Advertisement

Your not no confident you look so cool now.
    Get a grip buy a man's pair of jeans and be a proper bloke you're Mrs will be happier, won't be embarrassed going out with a peacock in public

Never said I looked cool. I'm far beyond trying to look cool unfortunately.

Never said I looked cool. I'm far beyond trying to look cool unfortunately.

Mrs ingles tried to get me to wear a pair
    Once.
    Couldn't get my size 52" waist with an extra short leg very hard to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

major bill wrote: »
    The fat lads walking around like Gru with the skinny jeans and no socks need to stop it.

Never mind the fat lads with the overhang bellies what is with those weird fat young fellas going around with fat oul wan proportions? Fat arses and hips wider than their shoulders.

****ing disturbing.

Bambi wrote: »
    Never mind the fat lads with the overhang bellies what is with those weird fat young fellas going around with fat oul wan proportions? Fat arses and hips wider than their shoulders.

****ing disturbing.

Grand child rearing hips on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

to-md_11b.jpg

Not just Megadeth, I wen't to school full of metal heads and this look was the height of sophistication. I thought it was sexy as hell. :D

Anyway surely skinny jeans are a bit dated now. The cool crowd moved on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement