Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2019

Options
  • 09-04-2019 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Was hanging around in the November thread until I had seen GP which I duly did this morning so its all systems go. Due December 9th. Overwhelmed is an understatement!

Comments

Hi cnlbel! Congratulations! Is this your first?

We just found out we're expecting in December. This will be our 4th, but our third is almost 5 so we're a bit out of practice with little babies. I'm due on the 19th/20th, which has me worried as my last two were each born 5 days after their due dates :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

yep its my first so im totally overwhelmed and terrified!!! You must be a dab hand at this pregnancy thing now!!!

Well, at least I know what's coming, I suppose! I'm worrying about my age this time though. Was in my 20s with all my others and in my 30s now. So not old yet but older.

The first time is so exciting! I remember getting butterflies in my tummy whenever I'd think about it - thought the baby would turn out to be an adrenaline junkie or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

Congratulations ladies. I just found out today that I am 4 weeks pregnant with my second baby and due December 25th.

Oh a very Christmas baby! Congrats!! How are you feeling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Itzadogzlife

I know cant believe im pregnant as it was our first month trying. I guess christmas will be a bit different this year. Don't really have many symptoms yet except stretching/cramping. Has anyone got morning sickness yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Augustduck

4 weeks gone, first time, got pregnant very quick after coming of 12 years on birth control, we thought it would take much longer. Due Dec 30th, not many symptoms so far other than feeling some stretching. when do people go for their first Gp visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Hi Everyone!

I did a test Friday and I’m due around 24th December.

I have a 5 year old boy, this is my 4th Pregnancy.
    I’m so nervous and anxious, and scared to be somewhat excited.
    The only symptoms I have at the minute are boobs are sore and have an awful thirst.
    I rang my doctors office Friday and I can’t get an apt for 2 weeks !!

I have been taking folic acid since xmas.
    I’m so glad this thread has started, I joined a Facebook group that was created in America. They are all announcing the pregnancies this weekend. I can’t even think about that until I get a scan!

How is everyone feeling ??

I feel hungover most mornings which goes after I eat and then in afternoon I'm wrecked and v nauseous. Hoping after 12 weeks it goes. 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

My wife and I are expecting our first in December.
    We're not too sure on dates as cycle was messed up last month.
    Pregnancy and blood tests confirm the pregnancy but we had an early scan that showed an empty sac. Think Midwife was 50/50 on viability and we may just be earlier in the pregnancy than we thought. Rescan due next Friday which will confirm one way or another. We're both feeling quite nervous about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mini15

Congrats to all, I’m due baby no 2 on 24 December, nervous and excited, have blood test next week to confirm, will make gp appointment after that, sore boobs and cramps at times...trying to decide private or public now 🀔

Hopefully it’s just too early, the waiting is hard though, gl to you both
    Uriel. wrote: »
    Pregnancy and blood tests confirm the pregnancy but we had an early scan that showed an empty sac. Think Midwife was 50/50 on viability and we may just be earlier in the pregnancy than we thought. Rescan due next Friday which will confirm one way or another. We're both feeling quite nervous about it.

Well fingers crossed for Friday. Dont think there is much to see before 7/8 weeks so hopefully Friday brings good news!!!

Hi everyone! Congratulations all around! Looks like there'll be lots of special deliveries this Christmas!

I'm 5.5 weeks and the morning sickness has started for me. Not too bad yet but if I don't eat regularly I start retching. My oldest is 8 and no fool so I'm not sure she'll believe 'it's a bit of a bug' for another 6 or 7 weeks. When do people usually tell the older kids? Mine were too young to notice anything last time.

Had my first GP appointment last week. All good. The doctor made sure to tell me I can have the odd drink, which I appreciated. I got a referral to the hospital in Galway. First time having a baby here - anybody any experience?

Good luck to you both. The waiting must be horrible. Hopefully it was just too early.

Went for an early scan today. Tiny little dot but heartbeat visible. Was v strange. Glad I did it for a bit of reassurance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

My wife sent me a picture of the positive test this morning when I was on the train to work.

Have been trying for 3-4 months, but we barely had the opportunity this month as everyone in the house had sniffles.

So quite surprised that it has happened already.

31st December by her. This is number 3.

Can't get to the GP to confirm until monday.

It is going to be a long weekend.

Good luck everyone.

Ah I’d say that was nice to see, how far along are you? I just booked an early scan, I’ll be 7 weeks exactly, don’t think I’ll really believe this til I see a heartbeat
    cnlbel wrote: »
    Went for an early scan today. Tiny little dot but heartbeat visible. Was v strange. Glad I did it for a bit of reassurance

cnlbel wrote: »

That sounds lovely! Hope you don’t mind me asking, but is it an internal scan at this stage or can they do abdominal?

That sounds lovely! Hope you don’t mind me asking, but is it an internal scan at this stage or can they do abdominal?

No was just abdominal. I thought it might be internal but no. She found it v quickly so maybe if she had struggled to find it should would have gone internal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Hi all! Just found out this morning that I'm pregnant with number 2, I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow! Due 27th December. So excited after 18 months trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So, had our early scan today, and thankfully we have a little peanut with a beating heart and everything as it should be so far. Very relieved and excited.
    6+6. We're looking at mid December.

So, had our early scan today, and thankfully we have a little peanut with a beating heart and everything as it should be so far. Very relieved and excited.

Congratulations! Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Brilliant news, congrats!

Ah that's great news! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Winterglow

Cant believe I am here , was feeling exhausted etc made gp appointment for Monday thinking I need my usual vitamin b12 injections, decided to do a test almost dropped ,then done a clearblue and shows as 3+ , very confused on dates had lmp 3rd March also thought the 1st April but I think now it was implantation bleed{1day}, which would leave me almost 8 weeks should I mention 2 other children and a 20week old baby , loads of nausea and just booked a dating scan for 2weeks , not sure how I feel yet , vitamins making me so sick

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all pregnant here too with my second my first is 3 not due until 2nd January but more than likely have a section as had one on my son and Im 40
    Have my early scan mid May so hopefully all good
    Will go to doctor this week

Winterglow wrote: »
    Cant believe I am here , was feeling exhausted etc made gp appointment for Monday thinking I need my usual vitamin b12 injections, decided to do a test almost dropped ,then done a clearblue and shows as 3+ , very confused on dates had lmp 3rd March also thought the 1st April but I think now it was implantation bleed{1day}, which would leave me almost 8 weeks should I mention 2 other children and a 20week old baby , loads of nausea and just booked a dating scan for 2weeks , not sure how I feel yet , vitamins making me so sick

Wow. Sounds like you got a bit of a shock. Hope you're feeling better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleMissLogic

Hi ladies,

Congrats to you all.
    I found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant. I am now 8 weeks pregnant.
    It will be my first, but I am 37. I'm wondering how old you guys are. Am I the oldest here?
    I seem to have gotten away scott free with regards morning sickness and mood swings.
    I'm trepidatiously excited but really nervous. Eventhough I'm on week 8, I don't feel pregnant at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Hi ladies,

Congrats to you all.
    I found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant. I am now 8 weeks pregnant.
    It will be my first, but I am 37. I'm wondering how old you guys are. Am I the oldest here?
    I seem to have gotten away scott free with regards morning sickness and mood swings.
    I'm trepidatiously excited but really nervous. Eventhough I'm on week 8, I don't feel pregnant at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

My wife is 37, will be 38 before baba 3 arrives.
    For some reason as it is her third she feels like she is showing already.

Congrats and best of luck!

Advertisement