Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

12 week scan for us tomorrow. My wife had the domino team out with her this week to complete forms and take various tests. So all going good. Her nausea has calmed down considerably but tiredness and fatigue very much an issue. But so far all going well. Looking forward to tomorrow and fingers crossed everything is still going well.

We then need to start thinking of telling people. Our parents and siblings know so far, but that's it. My wife's employer had to be told as well because of the nature of the work she does, including long night shifts etc.

Ps best of luck and wishes to everyone as scan dates start to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

Had our 12 week scan yest. Was such a relief to see all looking good. Even more a of a relief to be able to tell people!!! going to book the harmony test as i couldnt spend the next 6 months worrying!

Had ours today too and all great. Phew.
    We spoke with the hospital about the harmony test but it costs €450 and we decided we can just get to the 20 week scan and worry about things then. If it was closer to 200/250 we probably would have gone with it.

yea its super expensive and especially considering how expensive this whole baby malark is in the first place!

got blood tests back this morning. couldnt believe how quick it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Spring2019

I had the harmony test this week for €400 and then cancelled the dating scan I was due to have next week which I’d have been charged €150 for. You get dated at your harmony appointment which I didn’t realise until the nurse said it to me. We looked at the harmony as costing €250 afterwards which didn’t seem so bad! Just a thought for others who might be considering a harmony.

Had our scan yesterday. All good! It was a relief. I had low level worry that there'd be no head or something equally terrible. But baby was just fine. Lovely round head on it. Kicking and wriggling away.

Told the kids yesterday. The oldest didn't believe us at first. The youngest thought we were talking about my SIL's baby and 10 mins into the conversations she says 'What! We're getting a baby too?!!' :D Have had a lot of conversations about reproduction in the last 24 hours... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Delighted to hear your scan went week cuddle! Are your kids rooting for one gender or the other!? Good luck with answering the reproductive questions!!

They're split. My boy desperately wants a brother. My older girl wants a little sister (even though she already has one) and I think the youngest isn't really bothered.

The kids already understood the basics of reproduction (or so I thought!). My favourite question we got was 'When did you go into the doctor to do that thing that makes the baby?' from my oldest. She thought the conception had to be medically supervised :eek:

I hope everyone's feeling well. Anyone past the first trimester symptoms yet? I'm still waiting for the nausea to wear off. And still knackered but just found out I'm anaemic so hopefully if I take iron that'll ease off a little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

I hope everyone's feeling well. Anyone past the first trimester symptoms yet? I'm still waiting for the nausea to wear off. And still knackered but just found out I'm anaemic so hopefully if I take iron that'll ease off a little.

Sorry to hear that cuddle.

I’m 11+4 and have had low blood pressure the last 3 weeks. Constantly light headed, all I’m doing is resting.

I received my appointment for my booking in clinic and it’s the 26th June, I’m getting impatient as we said we would tell people after this appointment. We did have an early scan at 9 weeks and all looked good!

Say Saysay I'm light headed a lot too, keep getting spells of dizziness every so often, wonder is it also low blood pressure! I'm 12 weeks today and my nausea has thankfully gone but I'm still exhausted - I miss the luxury of having a nap after work that I had when I was pregnant with my lb! Instead I'm home to an energetic 2 a and half year old!! Scan on Monday, can't wait.

Harmony test back with all low risk. huge relief. Tummy still looks like i just ate a burrito. looking forward to getting a kick or 2 to remind myself that im not just getting fat but that there is something inside me! (wow that sounds creepy!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Xmasbabe

Hi! I'm 12 weeks and my first appointment in NMH is on Monday I cant wait but as per the document they sent I wont get a ultrasound scan. Do someone know when the hospital do scans? I got a private scan on the week 9 but I'd love to see the little baby again.

Xmasbabe wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 12 weeks and my first appointment in NMH is on Monday I cant wait but as per the document they sent I wont get a ultrasound scan. Do someone know when the hospital do scans? I got a private scan on the week 9 but I'd love to see the little baby again.

I had my first two at NMH (under the Domino scheme which I HIGHLY recommend). They did the anomaly scan at around 20 weeks and that was it if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleMissLogic

Hi all,

Glad to hear all the good news stories. I'm still not getting any symptoms like the rest of you guys. But I had my 12 week scan and saw the wee button and everything seems grand. Like, there's definitely something in there. But still not feeling knackered etc. Just back from a stint in Italy where I did tremendously long days of walking etc and I feel grand out.
    I'm 15+1 today and feeling good. Still in my own clothes but starting to see changes. My bump isn't as 'low down' as I'd like. I was hoping I'd have a cute little bump but Ive also eased off any diet (slimming world) I was on. So looks like I'm just going to get fat :p

So where is everyone from? I'm from Cork so my apps have been in CUMH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Maggiemay13

R

I'm in Galway. Attending UCG.

Lucky you, LittleMissLogic! I'm jealous of no symptoms! Though I'm sure there's a downside. I think my nausea *might* be easing up (14 weeks now) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I will say I've just come out the other side of a 3 day headache/exhaustion. But I'm already after bouncing back. Is anyone feeling anything yet? I swear at night time I can feel a kind of static across my abdomen :)
    It's my first and I'm finding the whole thing fascinating. My pregnancy app tells me that baby can probably hear my hearbeat by now and maybe my voice <3 15+5 now.

Oh and last night my brother affectionately called me 'Preg Sayers' lol

How's everyone getting on? I'm 15 weeks now. Going on holidays this weekend and can't wait to be off work and relaxing for a couple of weeks :D

I haven't felt any movement yet but some of you are a couple of weeks ahead of me so maybe ye have?

• Advertisement

im 17 weeks on sunday and ive felt nothing so far! its v strange knowing that there is something in there but not feeling it!!!

I'm 16+5 and I swear I'm feeling something. Some flutters like. Mostly at nighttime. The first time I felt something strange it felt like static across my abdomen. I happened 2 nights in a row then nothing for ages. Now I can feel stuff. Nothing major and I might be wrong but it feels like flutters in your stomach, like when you were a teenager and your crush walked into the room.

Little miss logic that does sound like you're feeling baby's movements, how exciting! I'm 14 weeks now so too early to feel anything yet but can't wait for the flutters to start this time around! Still incredibly tired here but that's my biggest symptom. On holidays from today so I'm hoping to catch up on rest!

So I'm 18+5 now and I feel like I'm supposed to have an appointment?
    My last appointment was my 12 week scan.
    Should I have seen my doctor since? Or heard something from the maternity hospital?
    Isn't there another scan at 18/20 weeks?

Should I have seen my doctor since? Or heard something from the maternity hospital?

My wife is 19+5 at the moment.
    She had an appointment at about 15 weeks to get her bloods tested, as well as go through her medical history.
    We have the next scan at 21 weeks

I think it might be dependent on the hospital. We're in UCHG, and we never received any details relating to the appointment about the bloods test. Her GP rang her, and asked why she had missed the appointment that we knew nothing about. The GP did the tests instead.

I'd recommend calling your GP and asking should you have heard from anyone

Worth following up when we had our 12 week scan they booked us in for the next on the same day and a few days later we received written confirmation in the post.

We had an unplanned scan this week for the craic, due to my wife's job, and wwere able to find out the Sex - 18 weeks today.

Is everyone else feeling baby? im 19 weeks and still not feeling anything. beginning to worry slightly. have my big scan on friday week which feels very far away so im hoping i feel something between now and then.

cnlbel wrote: »
    Is everyone else feeling baby? im 19 weeks and still not feeling anything. beginning to worry slightly. have my big scan on friday week which feels very far away so im hoping i feel something between now and then.

I wouldn't be too worried. My wife has felt nothing yet, and is 20 weeks.
    I was chatting to a friend of mine who had a baby about a month ago, and she didnt feel anything until week 24.
    From the other reading I have done, plenty of people dont feel anything until the mid 20s

thanks @bazwarf. thats reassuring to hear!

• Advertisement

My wife is just passed 20 weeks, and we started feeling little kicks last night. We could both feel them which seems unusual for this early on, but was very cool.
    Scan on Monday. Really excited about that now

Advertisement