Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2019

Options
1235»

Comments

Just reached 33 weeks this morning.
    I have my weekly routine, where I watch a weekly update on youtube, and read a week by week break down online for whatever week we're on.
    Seems 33 weeks is a decent milestone. Baby is close to, if not at full length. Just going to put on weight/size/fat from now on.
    For the first time, my wife started commenting on what might happen if her waters broke now. Think it's getting very real now for us both.
    Spent Saturday going through all the bags of baby stuff that we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

Exhaustion is back in full swing!!! 3 weeks left of work and i really am struggling!

cnlbel wrote: »
    Exhaustion is back in full swing!!! 3 weeks left of work and i really am struggling!

You sound like you're due at a similar time to my wife.
    She's due on Dec 2nd. Luckily she's a teacher, so off this week, and then two weeks of work.
    She was definitely shattered over the last few weeks. Run down, and unable to sleep.
    This week has been a blessing. Sleeping properly, and starting to feel better

Can officially say next month now :D

And if the baby decides to be anyway early, then it will be this month
    :dances:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

Can officially say next month now :D

And if the baby decides to be anyway early, then it will be this month
    :dances:

Didn't think of it as next month, so exciting!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

This definitely seems like the quietest thread in this forum.
    My wife hit 37 weeks today, so we're officially full term now. Very excited. Weeks are seriously dragging though. I'm too impatient :D
    No doubt she'll go two weeks over now.
    Mid-wife thinks that she will go early, but I've heard from many of my friends that they were told the same, and it wasn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

This definitely seems like the quietest thread in this forum.
    My wife hit 37 weeks today, so we're officially full term now. Very excited. Weeks are seriously dragging though. I'm too impatient :D
    No doubt she'll go two weeks over now.
    Mid-wife thinks that she will go early, but I've heard from many of my friends that they were told the same, and it wasn't the case.
    Definitely. People must try to avoid Christmas/December babies. :D

My wife is now at 35 weeks. I think she'd be happy to complete things tomorrow if the little lad played ball. I'm kinda hoping for closer to Christmas, purely for purpose of pooling paternity leave, bank Holidays and some annual leave to have a chunk of time off at the beginning.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Definitely. People must try to avoid Christmas/December babies. :D

My wife is now at 35 weeks. I think she'd be happy to complete things tomorrow if the little lad played ball. I'm kinda hoping for closer to Christmas, purely for purpose of pooling paternity leave, bank Holidays and some annual leave to have a chunk of time off at the beginning.

Haha, tactical time off has definitely crossed my mind too.
    My work will top up my paternity and parental leave, so if the baby plays ball, and arrives on Due date, I will be off from work from December 2nd to Jan 2nd.
    That would be extremely helpful in a selfish way, as we're supposed to be getting the keys to our new house in mid-December, and it would allow me to start moving furniture and building flat pack stuff at a more reasonable pace :)

Also, get to spend loads of time with the new baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kelly1012

Hi all, v excited to be on the final countdown now! Just wondering if anyone else has developed a very itchy rash on feet? Has been keeping me awake last few nights. Had a blood test and cholestasis was ruled out. None of the anti itch creams so far have worked though 😩

1 week to go (which probably means 3 weeks to go)

So bloody impatient. I can only imagine how my wife must be feeling

• Advertisement

Trying to not think about time left at the moment as it would drive me wild. we are getting some bits done to house so place is ness so lots for me to be tidying etc, mind you a quick hoover downstiars and i am wrecked!!!!!

Four weeks to go here but I'm hoping we'll have our arrival in two or three weeks although that may just be wishful thinking! In major nesting mode now, trying to get the house completely organized. I've a couple of big batch dinners cooked and frozen in portions, found that really useful last time.

AlwaysDoe wrote: »
    Four weeks to go here but I'm hoping we'll have our arrival in two or three weeks although that may just be wishful thinking! In major nesting mode now, trying to get the house completely organized. I've a couple of big batch dinners cooked and frozen in portions, found that really useful last time.

I know we're going to regret it, but we dont have any frozen dinners ready.
    The hope is that I will be off for the first four weeks, and be the chef during that time.

Anyway, still no movement. Wife is starting to get "period" pains a bit more frequently. I hear that's something.

She wasn't experiencing any movement recently either. Started to get a little worried, but did whatever they had advised at an ante natal class - lie on a side for an hour (or something along those lines), and the movement started again.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

You sound like you're due at a similar time to my wife.
    She's due on Dec 2nd. Luckily she's a teacher, so off this week, and then two weeks of work.
    She was definitely shattered over the last few weeks. Run down, and unable to sleep.
    This week has been a blessing. Sleeping properly, and starting to feel better

Visiting from the Feb thread and saw this post.
    Deleted User, an exciting day for you both!

You must be the first couple due in this thread?

I can't imagine what it's like to wake up and think 'today's my due date' it must be surreal...I'd be terrified to move all day!
    Wishing your partner a quick and easy labour, whenever it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I've been following this thread closely. My missus had a wee baby girl born this morning. Both doing great!

Cazale wrote: »
    I've been following this thread closely. My missus had a wee baby girl born this morning. Both doing great!

Ah congratulations!
    How wonderful; the best Christmas present for you both.
    Glad to hear they are well.

Congrats. Glad to hear all went well.
    Another 11 days for us if all goes exactly to plan which I'm sure it won't.

Oh congrats, that's great news! Is this your first?

Exciting to be in our due month now, 3 weeks to go for me but wondering will it be sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Kelly1012 wrote: »
    Hi all, v excited to be on the final countdown now! Just wondering if anyone else has developed a very itchy rash on feet? Has been keeping me awake last few nights. Had a blood test and cholestasis was ruled out. None of the anti itch creams so far have worked though ��

How is the itch now? I had my twins in dec 2016 but suffered badly with itchy skin. It wasn’t cholestasis and then it was. It was a tough pregnancy all around but that nearly sent me over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kelly1012

It's gone now thankfully!!! It lasted about a week, and it was a very long week! Thankfully it wasn't cholestasis. In the end calamine lotion was the only thing that gave some relief for it.

• Advertisement

well my family are driving me INSANE. not even past my due date and they are all constantly on at me. if i dont pick up or answer message they just keep ringing texting. its exhausting.

was in with consultant yest and they said they wont induce until im 12 days over (i thought it was 10) which brings me to 21st december. have to say im not happy at all. really hope this chap comes out in the next few days. feel like im wasting my maternity leave :(

cnlbel wrote: »
    well my family are driving me INSANE. not even past my due date and they are all constantly on at me. if i dont pick up or answer message they just keep ringing texting. its exhausting.

was in with consultant yest and they said they wont induce until im 12 days over (i thought it was 10) which brings me to 21st december. have to say im not happy at all. really hope this chap comes out in the next few days. feel like im wasting my maternity leave :(

That must be infuriating.
    I just don’t get why people would keep ringing and texting a heavily pregnant woman; I mean, it’s not as though you’re going to give birth and not tell them?
    It’s something that really bugs me and when my due date comes in Feb, god help anyone that texts me to ask ‘any movement yet?’

Fingers crossed you won’t have to wait the 12 days...imagine how bad the texts/calls will be by that stage!

Any more December arrivals yet?? I've been getting strong period type cramps on and off for the past couple of days, I think my body is warming up for the big event! Very exciting!

AlwaysDoe wrote: »
    Any more December arrivals yet?? I've been getting strong period type cramps on and off for the past couple of days, I think my body is warming up for the big event! Very exciting!

Our little lad arrived Sunday morning, 5 days early. Him and my wife were discharged yesterday. Tough weekend but in the end all went well thankfully. And it's great to have them home.
    He's our first so it's a really amazing feeling and nerve wracking :)

Our little lad arrived Sunday morning, 5 days early. Him and my wife were discharged yesterday. Tough weekend but in the end all went well thankfully. And it's great to have them home.

How wonderful, huge congratulations to you both and I hope your wife is doing OK :)

Chelle_C wrote: »
    How wonderful, huge congratulations to you both and I hope your wife is doing OK :)

Yeah she's doing well, trying to adjust to a new life naturally and obviously trying to recover from such a big physical and emotional life event. But all good

Fantastic news, congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Hope everyone is doing well. Our daughter is due her four month vaccinations this week but in the current climate the doctors surgery said they are canceled but couldn't give an idea of when or how they will be done. Has anyone had any similar issues? Obviously the focus should be elsewhere at the moment but I'm concerned about it going too long either.

Hope everyone is doing well. Our daughter is due her four month vaccinations this week but in the current climate the doctors surgery said they are canceled but couldn't give an idea of when or how they will be done. Has anyone had any similar issues? Obviously the focus should be elsewhere at the moment but I'm concerned about it going too long either.

Our little lad is due his in mid April. Which is actually 2 weeks later than it should be, but we had booked to go abroad with him for Easter and at the time doc said it would be better to get them after we were away (cancelled our trip now). Doc didn't seem overly concerned that to delay the vaccines by a couple of weeks, so I wouldn't worry. In any event there's likely to be a risk balance here. Probably best your little girl stays away from a GP surgery at this time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement