Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air fork help

Options
  • 09-04-2019 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

Bought a voodoo bizango last month and the airfork has sprung a small leak from around the side of the lock out cap (pictured below).

The T&C's for voodoo warranty repair state that the bike has to be shipped back to the manufacturer through the supplier (halfords). The wait can be upto 3 weeks :eek:

Anyone know why the fork would be leaking air from that cap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Bought a voodoo bizango last month and the airfork has sprung a small leak from around the side of the lock out cap (pictured below).

The T&C's for voodoo warranty repair state that the bike has to be shipped back to the manufacturer through the supplier (halfords). The wait can be upto 3 weeks :eek:

Anyone know why the fork would be leaking air from that cap.

AFAIK (blame google ... ), and assuming that's the right-hand leg circled, that's the wrong leg to be leaking air ... I'd be sending it back as inconvenient as it may seem tbh. If it's new and leaking and you have a warranty then I'd be taking advantage of it; doubly so where suspension parts are involved as it can get very expensive very quickly if damage is allowed to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

That was my thinking, air is in the other leg as that's where the shrader valve is

That was my thinking, air is in the other leg as that's where the shrader valve is

Could be something as simple as a faulty internal part in the stanchion that's allowing air in and out - that shouldn't be there - and just needs swapping out, or it might be a defect in the leg itself, or maybe neither. Regardless you have a warranty so I'd just use it as the path of least (and cheapest) resistance. Even if you were to send your fork to the likes of TFTuned for a service (for example) you could be waiting for around two to three weeks anyway. Bit surprised that the whole bike is being sent back to the manufacturers when they can just send the fork, but anyway ... such is life.

Yep, all the way back to the USA (see attached image) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Halfords are taking the piss, one month old and a faulty part goes to the supplier?

Your warrenty is with halfords, is there an equivalent to the uk sale of goods act?

A bosch pump on a new audi wouldn't go back to germany. Not fit for purpose in such a shorttime period, get a temp replacement or change the bike.

Looked it up, your covered by legislation - refund, replace or repair. Its so new I'd push for replace with a fork off the shop floor, halfords have **** loads.

• Advertisement

3 weeks is mental alright. How much would it cost to ship a bike to the US and back!. Sounds mad for something that could be a worn o ring.

3 weeks is mental alright. How much would it cost to ship a bike to the US and back!. Sounds mad for something that could be a worn o ring.

Three weeks on a warranty is not necessarily taking the p1ss; I had to RMA a Fox shock to CRC under warranty and it went CRC -> Silverfish (Fox distributor/service centre) -> CRC -> Me, and that took well over a month with about ten days of that going through Silverfish. It all really depends on what the maintenance support/agreements are between halfords and suntour. Suntour may have requirements such as only allowing approved service centres/mechanics, etc. to do any work (e.g. like Fox do for example) or if they are a bit 'funny' with disseminating their technical product knowledge *cough hello specialized* then halfords may not have mechanics certified to maintain suntour parts, as mental as that may sound.

Still, all told the above musings seem unlikely given that Voodoo are a halfords exclusive, and I think Saccades has it right; I'd see what you can get regards a replacement bike or fork (fitted of course) with Halfords before pursuing the warranty angle. The fork should not have failed in such a short time frame and I'd be letting halfords sweat the warranty themselves rather than myself given the option, but if push came to shove, I'd be taking a warranty + wait over trying to fork out my own cash first, unless I was prepared to get a refund and walk depending on how I felt i was being treated.

It's the whole bike that's to be shipped back to voodoo. I'll ring th in the morning.

So they were just going to give me a new bike but they can't get my size so a new fork is on the book. That's great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Excellent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement