Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford 10k/Half marathon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Did the half last year. Wouldn't say its a pb course myself, as first half was a few climbs. Not as flat as I was led to believe, but not as bad as wicklow

As for parking, it's all street parking that I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

colin32 wrote: »
    Did the half last year. Wouldn't say its a pb course myself, as first half was a few climbs. Not as flat as I was led to believe, but not as bad as wicklow

As for parking, it's all street parking that I remember

You need the wind behind you on the way back on the Rosslare road, very rarely happens and I run there at least once a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

http://www.wexfordhalfmarathon.com/

April 28th. Have this coming up in a few weeks, I'm doing the 10k. Any tips on the course, and also, re parking?

You could park in Tesco. It's free, although time limited to three hours (afaik).

I have done the half twice. I think the 10k starts later than the half, so you'll catch up with the back of the the half pack.

You start at sea level and it's a fairly draggy climb for the first few kilometers. Not sure if the 10kers miss the worst of the climbs, though, and there's no route map for the 10k to check. The wind can be against you on the Rosslare Road on the way back to the finish.

The roads are open for the race. I love the finish in the Faythe - slightly downhill and there's usually a nice buzz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Presume you could get clamped in Tesco if you overstayed?

Street parking - coins or an app?

Advertisement