Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doorbell died again. Recommend a replacement

Options
  • 09-04-2019 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Our original wired doorbell was a bog standard one and it gave up the ghost a few years ago.

We had some work done and I got the electrician to renew it. He replaced the transformer and the chime and the button.

It has recently died again and makes random rings but you can hardly hear them.

So, rather than replace it again I would be open to getting a decent replacement that is wireless or similar and leave the current one to its own devices.

Can anyone recommend where to look?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There is a reasonable chance that the issue is at the door bell push button. If the wires going to this button were shorted and the bell rings and when they are separated the bell is silent this would point to a button issue.

Wired bells would be my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

The new pushbutton had a very nice bright light on it as it was white but that light has died too. If I remove the button and join the wires, nothing happens.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Ok, it was worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I got one of those ring doorbells for the parents and they are happy enough with it, they can see who calls to the door and can speak through the phone on it. You charge it up and get a few months out of it as far as I know. We only got it recently on sale so no faults or issues as of yet

Advertisement