Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity Wall Insulation

Options
  • 10-04-2019 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello All,

I'm looking at pumping the cavity walls before we sell our house and i'm wondering would that make any huge change to the overall BER Rating on a property, would anyone have ball park idea if it would move up any notch's?

The attic is triple insulated, it has a C3 rating already which is poor if you ask me. Its a 4 bed semi d.

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

You possibly already have *some* cavity insulation fitted, with a c3 rating? If you don't chances are it would improve the BER. How recently was your house built?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭xl500

carbuyer01 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I'm looking at pumping the cavity walls before we sell our house and i'm wondering would that make any huge change to the overall BER Rating on a property, would anyone have ball park idea if it would move up any notch's?

The attic is triple insulated, it has a C3 rating already which is poor if you ask me. Its a 4 bed semi d.

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

Presume your pumping it before selling in the hope of making house more attractive to buyers where is the house located you might not recover your investment ie might make very little difference to selling price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

carbuyer01 wrote: »
    Hello All,

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

It won't be worth it .
    Keep in mind you have to paint your house afterwards. There'll be hundreds of holes drilled in it which the contractor will patch, but you'll pay extra to paint the house.

Advertisement