Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used scaffold boards

• 10-04-2019 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone know where I could buy used scaffold boards around limerick/Clare?They’re just for making raised garden beds so don’t have to be anything fancy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Anyone know where I could buy used scaffold boards around limerick/Clare?They’re just for making raised garden beds so don’t have to be anything fancy.

Downes fuels (bloodmill road) usually have these and railway sleepers. Think they're on Facebook... it's the small, windy road behind Argos... off Childers road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Would you think of using pallet collars, check them out on adverts or done deal. they look nice painted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I bought some from Curtains Scaffolding on the Ballysimon Road just last week. They have plenty there. 6 euro for each 8 foot length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Thanks to all above for the replies, I’ll check the above out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I did exactly this and the scaffold boards fell apart after 2-3 years. I have other raised beds using railway sleepers for over 15 years and the wood is still perfectly strong.

If you are looking for long term then cost wise it might be a better option to use railway sleepers. A few places around Limerick do them. There is a place across from Supermacs on the Dublin road that do both new and reclaimed sleepers. They will cut them to size at no extra cost and deliver them to your door for €10 if you live in the vicinity of the city and surrounding areas.

It might cost an extra few quid and more than you had budgeted for but at least you know the sleepers are going to last. They are also far superior to scaffold boards and look much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement