Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word 2016 - Footnotes out of sequence...?

Options
  • 10-04-2019 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I am editing a text and cutting out footnotes.

As I have been removing footnotes, subsequent footnotes have been increasing decreasing accordingly. Great!

But, I've just realized that I have a gap. I go from 13 to 15 and on from there.

How can I reorder from the beginning so that what is now 15 becomes the 14 I don't have?

If it makes any difference, the footnotes are numbered (1-45) from the beginning to the end of the text - not per page.

Thanks!

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

It work fine for me.

I guessing, you delete footnote on the bottom of the page, instead, delete from the document body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

It work fine for me.

I guessing, you delete footnote on the bottom of the page, instead, delete from the document body.

Needless to say, you were right! :P

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement