Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a kitten needing a home ?

Options
  • 10-04-2019 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭

Mods, I could not decide what thread to put this in so move if you think of a better topic.
    I live alone recovering from a broken back, I cannot drive yet but can get the bus.
    I live on the Howth Rd near Fairview and would love a cat. It would get the best of care, Re Vets,Feeding, Going Outside etc.
    Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Phibsboro Cat Rescue have lots of kittens/ cats in need of their forever homes. Or you could contact your local vets. Raheny vet often have notices up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Phibsboro Cat Rescue have lots of kittens/ cats in need of their forever homes. Or you could contact your local vets. Raheny vet often have notices up.
    Thanks, I will look them up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rescue, rescue, rescue.. I've two rescue dogs and a rescue cat, and honestly you'll have years of satisfaction knowing you've given a beautiful cat a new start in a loving forever home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Rescue, rescue, rescue.. I've two rescue dogs and a rescue cat, and honestly you'll have years of satisfaction knowing you've given a beautiful cat a new start in a loving forever home.
    I would love a cat. Is she or could she be chilled ? I would put in the effort to get her settled. Let me know, Thank You.
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Have you owned cats before? Kittens aren't chilled, that takes a year or two! If you are looking for a docile one, go for an older cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Have you owned cats before? Kittens aren't chilled, that takes a year or two! If you are looking for a docile one, go for an older cat.

Really depends on breed. I have ragdolls and they're definitely chilled from birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I can get you a really friendly cat , about one years old, that needs a new home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Raheny Vet Hospital

Has a no put to sleep policy on rescued strays. I've had my last two cats from there, they don't charge and the cat comes spayed and vaxxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

I'd really recommend getting an adult cat from a rescue. I adopted a 2-3 year old from the DSPCA a few years ago and I could not have found a more placid, affectionate and lovable little buddy. Kittens are adorable and fun but they are a bit more work and you won't know what sort of size and personality they have until they're older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Mods, I could not decide what thread to put this in so move if you think of a better topic.
    I live alone recovering from a broken back, I cannot drive yet but can get the bus.
    I live on the Howth Rd near Fairview and would love a cat. It would get the best of care, Re Vets,Feeding, Going Outside etc.
    Thanks, Mark

We got our cat Teddy, a rescue cat, from https://www.catsaid.ie/ - lovely people.
    She was 6 months old when we got her, so not as kitten-y, and easier to handle.
    She was temporarily homed in Fairview vets while Cats Aid found her a home, so maybe ask in there?

Good luck, and get well soon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Phibsboro cat rescue https://www.facebook.com/phibscatrescue/ and north dublin cat rescue are great https://www.facebook.com/northdublincatrescue/

We tgot two kittens at once, it's better as when you are up and laving the house more they have each other.

Advertisement